Saturday 19 May 2018

Enjoying Our Dinner At Wan Li Xiang Roasters On A Rainy Day

It had been raining on and off for the whole day. Just after a heavy downpour, it was time for us to set out looking for dinner. Once we have all settled into the car, we decided on the venue for our dinner. The air was cool and fresh, and we were all feeling hungry and had a good appetite for the dinner at Wan Li Xiang Roasters in Pasir Puteh. So, I supposed the one who ordered the dishes got carried away, but none of us objected to the dishes ordered.
 Deep fried tofu with the inside smooth and soft, cooked with Loofah gourd.
 BBQ pork (char siew) & roasted pork (siew yoke).
 Sweet potatoes leaves with spicy prawn paste (sambal belacan).
 Stewed pork rib with bean curd and bitter gourd.
With this dish alone, I can eat a plate of rice.
Overall, it was a very enjoyable and delicious dinner.
*     *     *     *     *
The following pictures are for joining Saturday's Critters.
 The rain and the cold must have driven this black insect or bee into my house. I found this on the floor mat in my hall. Fortunately, none of us stepped on it or else we might have got stung!
 Saw this tiny lizard on my friend's garden wall.
 The next morning after the heavy downpour, I saw this lizard on this plant outside my house.
"Hey! Hurry up, I am getting tired with this pose!"
I have to zoom in to get a close up shot. I am glad it gave me enough time for some snap shots before it disappear into the bush.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

Yet is is always new, and works for you just as it did for Christ;
and as we obey this commandment, to love one another,
the darkness in our lives disappears
and the new light of life in Christ shines in.
(1 John 2:8, The Living Bible-TLB)

56 comments:

  1. The pork looks delicious, hope it tasted as good as it looked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nancy, your meals look delicious. I would like the Pork BBQ. The lizards are cute, great captures. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. I appreciate your comment and visit. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting! Have a great new week!

      Delete
  3. ...i will have the BBQ pork please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum... food very nice. especially the kangkung belacan. Very long time didnt eat that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time the kangkong belacan was nicely cooked!

      Delete
  5. The other day, a little lizard a lot like that one came into a house i was cleaning, and i had to chase him back outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have lots of house lizards that come in and out of the house. So far we have been unsuccessful in keeping them away from our house.

      Delete
  6. Nice shots of the lizards! The food looks delicious. You are making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loofah goes well a lot of food. It's one of my favourite veggies. My husband would like the sweet potato leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't spot the lizard on the plant,my eyes playing tricks on me, love all the dishes you guys had, a very satisfying dinner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the lizard is not easy to spot among the green leaves!

      Delete
  9. The lizards are neat, though I did have to look twice for the one on the plant to find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty small and not easily noticeable!

      Delete
  10. Hi, Nancy, to see what's new. Delicious food.
    I like the pictures.
    Good continuation of the week.
    janicce.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That tiny lizard is awesome ~ great photos!

    Happy Day to you,
    C & Z

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks you had delicious dinner that night and thanks to the rain to bring out the hidden species. Nice shots on lizards

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your meals are divine. I'm hungry now.

    I love the tiny lizard. We have there here and we always leave them be. We think they are lucky for us.

    Have a fabulous weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the lizards to stay outside than in my house!

      Delete
  14. Looks like a great meal to warm your insides on a rainy day. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just now I used my mobile phone to read your post that is why cannot see the lizard, now I use my desktop, can see liao, hee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I prefer to visit blogs on my PC...easier too!

      Delete
  16. La comida como siempre deliciosa. Buen domingo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The dishes look so delicious. I'd really like to try the tofu and gourd.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your food always looks so delicous. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Delicious food, hope you all enjoyed the dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dish 1 the tofu and loofah is one of my favourite food. I don't think the dishes ordered are a lot for 4 pax

    ReplyDelete
  21. Delicious food Nancy. Do you have little critters around your home? I've got different bees constantly around this area. See ya.

    Cruisin paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are many little critters in my garden!

      Delete
  22. The entire meal looks delicious. The person who selected did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend is good at ordering the right food!

      Delete
  23. As usual very interesting) Thanks a lot for sharing)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I also saw a lizard like the one in your garden. It was quite big, so I quickly ran into my house. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like lizard. As long as they don't come new its okay with me!

      Delete
  25. Can always tapau if there's too much food... though the tendency is to overeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If too much food, we usually try to finish. Lazy to taupau the small amount.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...