Tuesday 22 May 2018

Lunch, Dinner & Free Salt Water Grouper Fish

One of my favourite noodle is the "tai loke meen" or the fat noodle. I first tasted this fat noodle when I was working in Kuala Lumpur. In Ipoh, it is not easy to find good tasty fat noodle but I will still order a plate whenever I crave for it.
There is one fried noodle stall at the food court near my house. I saw that they have this fat noodle on their menu. The picture looks nice, so ended up ordering a plate for lunch.
The fat noodle with some chili sauce but I would prefer the sambal belacan version. The fat noodle is fried with some prawns, fish paste slices, pork slices, crispy lard pieces, veggie, and black soy sauce. This noodle is good enough to satisfy my craving for the time being.
I made a trip to the Aeon Big shopping centre. Before visiting the supermarket, I went to the upper floor to buy something from Mr. DIY store. I happen to see 2 big posters covering 2 empty space.
I stopped to take snapshots and continue to MR.DIY store.
That evening, I had mood to do some simple cooking for dinner.
I boiled white raddish soup with pork ribs, wolf berries and red dates.
Bitter melon or bitter gourd slices and egg omelette.
These two dishes good enough to go with white rice for 2 people.
*     *     *     *     *
My elder son came back for the weekend and he brought back a big Grouper fish. He visited one of his fishing friends in Ipoh. The friend gave one of the Grouper fishes he caught on his fishing trip.
I cut the fish into 2 and steamed the tail half for next day's dinner.
The other half with the head was kept in the freezer for another dinner.
The whole fish measured more than 20 inches long.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos from the Hor Yan Hor museum are for joining Tuesday's Treasures and Image-in-ing.
Wood blocks from tree trunks as stools.
The founder of Hor Yan Hor Chinese herbal tea at the museum. He carried the herbal tea in the green antique box.


I am warning you ahead of time, dear brothers,
so that you can watch out and not be carried away
by the mistakes of these wicked men,
lest you yourselves become mixed up too.
(2 Peter 3:17, The Living Bible-TLB)

53 comments:

  1. I like to eat the fat noodles too. Here people call it Hokkien Char. Homecooked meals are cooked with love and care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like white raddish soup and I like the omelette too.

    The fat noodles look very tasty and satisfying, would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your bittergourd omelette. I wanted to cook that last weekend but could not get any bittergourd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a plate of bittergourd omelette is enough to fill my tummy!

      Delete
  4. Bitter gourd with egg and a bowl of rice is a perfect meal for me. With added radish soup - it's a bonus. You're a good chef Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I wonder how much herbal tea could be carried in the green antique box, a lot I would guess. Thanks Nancy for stopping by, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be big enough to carry a lot of dried herbal tea leaves.

      Delete
  6. Everything looks so tasty:) well maybe except from the fish;) Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muy sabroso todo. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That noodles look so yummy, oh myyyy...

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like always the food looks very yummy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love fat noodles too. You have the most wonderful meals.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious looking foodie shots!

    Happy Day to You,
    C & Z

    ReplyDelete
  12. The noodles look good. So nice to have a visit from your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas! Good to have our son for the weekend!

      Delete
  13. As usual very interesting post) thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting post dear! thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those wooden stools would come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The noodles look so good, and i like the simplicity of those wooden stools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have the stools in my garden!

      Delete
  17. Not in-thing over here. I am not a big fan of fat noodle myself.

    I love those wood blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not an in-thing here too but I enjoy it once in a while!

      Delete
  18. I like the omelette .. it is very new to me..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice to have free grouper, and it must be very fresh too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Replies
    1. Ha ha ha....I see that you don't like fish!

      Delete
  21. I hope you enjoyed your dinner.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/05/james-taylor-gotta-love-him.html

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...