Saturday 23 November 2019

Back To Home Cooking After A Weekend Away

We were awoken from our deep slumber by the meowing of a kitten outside at my porch. It was about 3:00 am this morning. Hubby went out to check and the kitten was under my car. We didn't want to remove the kitten in case the mother cat comes looking for it. We hope that the meowing of the kitten will attract the mother cat. Hubby went back to sleep but I couldn't.
  So here I am writing this post until the breaking of dawn.
*     *     *     *     *
After the weekend away in the city, the edibles in my garden were ready for harvest. So this lazy me had to cook and the following were the dishes we had for dinner.
 Egg omelette with onions and home grown chilies.
 Steamed home grown eggplants, drizzled with garlic + onion oil, oyster and soy sauce.
 Stinky beans and home grown snake beans with spicy sambal and dried prawns.
*     *     *     *     *
Today, I share the following critters photos taken in Cameron Highlands at the Smokehouse.
 Stone sculpture of an Oink Oink.
A stone sculpture of a dog and two cats.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

But God's truth stands firm like a great rock,
and nothing can shake it.
It is a foundation stone with these words written on it:
"The Lord knows those who are really his,"
and ""A person who calls himself a Christian
should not be doing things that are wrong."
(2 Timothy 2:19, The Living Bible-TLB)

46 comments:

  1. I love picture 1 😊 thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy home cooked. Vegetarian meal is it?? No meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More veg than meat. There is dried prawns and minced meat in the sambal and egg.

      Delete
  3. You are very good at cooking, Nancy! They are really mouthwatering.
    Such cute stone sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evi. These are all simple home cooking.

      Delete
  4. What beautiful, fascinating stone animals are. Delicious food with the beans, which I know not only heard of it.
    Greetings from Germany
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Śliczne są te rzeźby. Jedzenie wygląda pyszne. Miłego dnia:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, you have a way of taking simple ingredients and making them into very attractive dishes. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David. Trying to make the best from what we have on hand.

      Delete
  7. Hello, I hope the kitty will be ok. Pretty sky, yummy food and the yard art critters are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mama cat came for its baby and carried it away. I hope it is well too.

      Delete
  8. ...home is always a special place to return to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, homemade food is so good ☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. The stone sculptures and very neat! And I love the egg omelet you made! It looks like something I would make too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ¿ Y el gatito, volvió la madre a buscarlo ? Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your omelette looks really yummy! Keep us updated on the little kitten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the mama cat came to get its little kitty.

      Delete
  13. very tasty homecooked meals. Did the mother cat returned for the kitten?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the mama cat came to get its little kitty.

      Delete
  14. I am wondering if the kitty is gone or if it is still there. I hope its mom found it. That is a beautiful dawn shot...my hubby would love that omelette.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your garden is doing very well and enabled you to make some delicious meals. I hope the mama cat found her kitten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyful. The mama cat came back for her kitty.

      Delete
  16. Hopefully the mama cat came back for the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the visual in my mind about the truth standing like a great rock!!

    I hope the kitten's mother shows up to take care of her baby.

    Such food!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yogi. I think the kitten is safe with the mama now.

      Delete
  18. My inside pet cats waken me early, too.

    Delicious home cooking, and that's a lovely sunrise you got to see.

    The statues make a great find for Saturday Critters.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good thing your garden is 'forcing' you to cook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now while waiting for the new plants to fruit, I can be lazy and eat out again. Hehee.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...