Saturday 16 November 2019

The Day After A Severe Thunderstorm

We woke up early on a Friday morning to find that it has stopped raining. There was a severe thunderstorm the previous evening and it continued to rain till the wee hours of the morning. It was a very scary thunderstorm with thunders and lightnings that I had to quickly shut down my computer and pull out all the power plugs.
6:30 am at the park.
Since the rain had stopped, we went for our early morning walk.
 We came to this place where the path was partially blocked by a fallen tree. The strong wind from the previous evening's thunderstorm must have brought this big tree down.
 6:50 am
Except for some broken branches, no other tree was affected by the thunderstorm.
 If the tree had fallen and fully blocked this path, everyone would have to use the shorter route.
 Few days later, this tree was finally removed.
*     *     *     *     *
That evening, we had dinner with three other friends at a restaurant which we have visited a few times.
 Stewed chicken with chestnuts in clay pot.
We enjoyed this dish on our previous visit but this time the dish tasted very different. 
 Vegetarian dish with glass noodle.
There was too much glass noodle and all the gravy was soaked up by the glass noodle.
 Deep fried black pomfret with salted vegetables and other assorted ingredients.
They were very generous with the assorted ingredients that if almost covered the fish.
3 of us ordered rice porridge boiled with sweet potato and another 2 ordered white rice.
*     *     *     *     *
The following rabbit photos were taken in Cameron Highlands.
 Lots of fresh vegetables for the rabbit.
It was happily chewing on the crunchy vegetable.


Putting confidence in an unreliable man is like chewing
with a sore tooth, or trying to run on a broken foot.
(Proverbs 25:19, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. The rabbit is so cute and the food looks lovely. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pomfret is one of my favourite fish, deep fried black pomfret with salted vegetables is very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Estupendo post , es un placer leerte! Que pases un buen día! 🍁🍁🍁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, the thunder storms are scary, it is good to unplug your computer.
    The stew looks tasty! Love the sweet bunny, adorable photos. Thank you for linking up!Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thanks for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen and wishing you a happy new week!

      Delete
  5. The dishes make me hungry. Yum! Yum!
    The rabbit asks for carrots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken chestnut claypot looks so GOOD! Happy Rabbit :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this dish and I am trying to get a good recipe.

      Delete
  7. Hi! Those meals look delicious. I would like to taste them.
    I hope you´ll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...rain is a wonderful thing, too much sure isn't. Enjoy your weekend Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Nancy, your first shot is wonderful. I really love it. You have such a nice place to go walk...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That rabbit has more food than its body size haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post dear!Photos are amazing !     

    ReplyDelete
  12. That rabbit looks like he is feasting! And that is a big tree....glad nothing else was damaged in the storm. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to eat plain rice porridge. just drink it all down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I am thinking of porridge with salted fish. Yumz!

      Delete
  14. Woosh! I can see how the place looks so devastated! Good thing tho, these foods got to served! Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness! Do you have any large trees in your yard? If so, what a blessing that you were spared!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good evening Nancy. The storm was wild it seems. The dinner was excellent. The only thing I never had a chance enjoying it. LOL See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's always sad to lose a tree in a storm. Nice rabbit, and delicious food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that big storm is too strong for that big tree.

      Delete
  18. That was a scary storm. I never heard of glass noodles. I guess I suffer from culinary deprivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kenneth. Glass noodle is a type of transparent noodle.

      Delete
  19. I do the same thing when I hear thunder - unplug the router and computer. I had two bad experiences when lighting hit my computer :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it happened to my computer too. I have to replace my modem a few times due to lightning strikes.

      Delete
  20. We had crazy thunderstorms past few weeks. Few uprooted trees along the road.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ooooo...scary thunderstorm! I had experienced of oversurge of electrical power that spoilt my modem and laptop. That was some 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, better to unplug than to be sorry. I have replaced a few modem in the past.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...