Thursday 14 November 2019

Grow, Harvest & Cooking Snake Beans.

So far I have grown 4 different types of long beans in my garden. I have successfully grown red long beans, dwarf long beans, common long beans and the latest is snake bean.
 These are Dwarf Long Beans plants.
The plants grow to about 1.5 feet tall only.
 These are the Snake Beans plants.
I usually place 2 plants in a pot. They need support for their vines to climb.
 Hubby helped me put up these supports for the vines.
With these supports, I can plant cucumber, bitter gourds and etc.
 These are snakes beans hanging from the supports.
To protect these snake beans, I have to keep a close watch for the tiny black fleas that tend to cling to the flowers and beans. I usually use my garden hose to shoot water to easily remove them.  
 One of my mornings' harvest of snake beans.
Another morning I harvested these snakes beans and 3 dwarf long beans.
 Another morning, I harvested snake beans, dwarf long beans and eggplants (white & purple).
And one morning, I harvested longs beans and eggplants (white and purple) and one fig. 
 Due to the rainy season, this sweet fig looks like a laughing fig.
I usually sauteed the snake beans with roast pork or any preferred meat or prawns. Sometimes, I just steamed the snake beans and drizzled with onion or garlic oil and sprinkled with crispy fried onion or garlic.

He isn't really being slow about his promised return,
even though it sometimes seems that way.
But he is waiting,
for the good reason that he is not willing that any should perish,
and he is giving more time for sinners to repent.
(2 Peter 3:9, The Living Bible-TLB)

37 comments:

  1. I have never seen beans this long before! Just one would be an entire meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love beans and I usually use about 5 to 6 beans to cook a dish for 2 people.

      Delete
  2. Snake beans? Not an appealing name but seeing your pictures, I understand how the name came about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beans with roast pork is one of my favourite dish. Your family is blissful to have you cook for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowadays, I usually cook for 2. Will go on full swing during the CNY when my boys are back home.

      Delete
  4. I have never heard about 'snake beans'.
    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muito interessante estes legumes e aproveito para desejar a continuação de uma boa semana.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    O prazer dos livros

    ReplyDelete
  6. You grow so.much stuff ....I am thinking I would like to try growing some stuff in pots. I always enjoy these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ,,,I can see how it got its name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I look at them, I try not to think of their name.

      Delete
  8. Hola Nancy, preciosas fotos, aquí no hay este Frijol y es una pena ya que es muy curioso y en tu plato se ve muy rico. Buen día. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice! so nice to be growing so many vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Nice and I get to share with my friends too.

      Delete
  10. Yummy. I love all things beans. Looks fabulous.

    Have a terrific day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, looks interesting!  

    ReplyDelete
  12. one of my favorite vegetables......yummy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely garden you have and you are so successful growing these plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alexandria. Some successful and some are not.

      Delete
  14. Tienes un jardín bastante hermoso para poder cosechar tantas plantas.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love snake beans! Planted them before too and yes, had those tiny black pests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the main problem but they can be easily removed. Only thing have to be looking out for them constantly.

      Delete
  16. Me encanta ver tu cosecha. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...