Saturday 18 January 2020

Chicken Rice At Restoran Sam Ma, Ipoh

One evening we were in Ipoh Garden and my friend suggested that we try this Chicken Rice for dinner at Restoran Sam Ma. Since we haven't been there, we were game to give it a try.
 We ordered a half poached chicken for 3 people.
 Blanched lettuce with garlic oil.
 Stewed chicken feet.
If we knew we were ordering this, we should have ordered a quarter chicken instead of half a chicken.
Condiments: blended ginger & extra spicy chili sauce
Chicken soup provided. Sorry, no photo of the fragrant chicken rice.
Restoran Sam Ma Chicken Rice
Address: 3, Jalan S.A. Lingam, Ipoh Garden South, Ipoh.
*     *     *     *     *
One morning returning home after breakfast, we saw this bird perched on this rod which is above our guppies fish ponds.
It suddenly dawned on me that this is the reason for the dwindling numbers of guppies. I have been very puzzled over the disappearance of my guppies because I do not see any dead fishes in the pond.
This culprit has been quietly feeding on my guppies. Instead of multiplying, the guppies seem to disappear into thin air one by one.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

Feed the flock of God; care for it willingly,
not grudgingly; not for what you will get out of it
but because you are eager to serve the Lord.
(1 Peter 5:2, The Living Bible-TLB)

45 comments:

  1. the bird is a predator but he was hungry!!!
    Your food looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This hungry bird found an easy way to fill his tummy! Now I must find a way to protect my guppies.

      Delete
  2. Poor Guppies.
    The foods look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I must think of a way to protect the guppies so else all will be gone!

      Delete
  3. I thought the first photo was for Saturday Critters! LOL 😂 (don't get mad!)
    So you have found the unwanted fisherman and now hope that the guppies family will grow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thank you, Ella. Then the first photo shows a dead critter!

      Delete
  4. Looks delicious foods 😊 thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I feel for your poor guppies, I assume these birds eat a lot. Your food looks delicious. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thanks for the visit and comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Have a wonderful new week.

      Delete
  6. ... Stewed chicken feet is something that I've never had, enjoy your weekend Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stewed chicken feet is a popular dish here. Happy weekend!

      Delete
  7. Hello. An interesting looking bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks good, and the poor guppies! Yet the bird has to eat, also. And once an animal finds a good feeding spot, it does not know better than to eat until the whole supply is gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. So, before the bird gets all my guppies, I need to find a way to protect them.

      Delete
  9. Oh no poor guppies! Any way to cover your ponds?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder if there is anything you can do to stop it eating your guppies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I am thinking of a way to solve the problem.

      Delete
  11. That's kind of sad for the guppies, but what a cute bird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is nature, animal world. But still, I need to protect my guppies!

      Delete
  12. Interesting assortment of food!
    Oh the guppy thief :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh so you solved the mystery of your disappearing guppies. I like the ginger dip for the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been busy with house cleaning. Will try to find a way to protect the guppies.

      Delete
  14. Good grief! What is this, a Magpie? So what will you do about it now?? The chicken and broth look so good and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still thinking of what to do to protect my guppies. Been busy house cleaning.

      Delete
  15. Espero que hayas tapado el estanque. Feliz domingo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. chicken look so delicious....yummy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Ha ha ha yes and probably a smart bird too.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...