Thursday 24 June 2021

Fish Noodle With Wine, Corn With Chive Fritters & Beef Burger

The day started off with a dreamy sort of morning sky.

Morning sky at 7:15am - setting out for morning walk.
Sunrise at about 7:45am
Breakfast with black coffee. Hubby bought fish noodle with wine and some stuffed bean curd sheet with fish paste. The boss gave us extra wine (in the small bowl) to add to the soup. 1 portion of fish noodle for 2 people.
Hubby's bowl.
Mine with the cut bird's eye chili to get some extra oomph to the soup.
There were 4 pieces. Someone ate one before this snapshot was taken.
~~~~~
I was feeling bored and I went to do a stock check in the fridge. I had fresh corn and flour in the fridge and Chinese chives in the garden.
Corn + Chinese chives fritters.
I removed corn kernel from 1 cob, cut some harvested Chinese chives, added a teaspoon of salt, a teaspoon of baking powder, all-purpose wheat flour and some rice flour (just enough flour to bind the ingredients together). Add a little water and mixed everything together before frying.
The fritters taste great with Thai sweet chili sauce. I came up with this idea of eating the fritters with home made pickled ginger. Hubby ate a few pieces. I snacked on the fritters until they were all gone.
One afternoon I heard this house sparrow chirping away on the wall outside my house. Probably trying to get the attention of its partner or friend. After a while, it was joined by another sparrow and off they flew away.
~~~~~
Dinner
I was still full with all the fritters that I have eaten. Since I won't be eating dinner, hubby has to go out to buy his own dinner.
He went out on his motorcycle and came back with a beef burger. He told me he saw this burger stall outside the food court and decided to eat burger. It has been a long, long time since he last ate a burger.
There was so much veggie (shredded cabbage and lettuce), it looked like a vegetable burger.
It was too big to take a bite so have to cut into halves first.
Now you can see the fried egg and the beef patty.
For a change, hubby enjoyed his simple beef burger dinner.

Hallelujah! Thank you, Lord!
How good you are! Your love for us continues on forever.
Who can ever list the glorious miracles of God?
Who can ever praise him half enough?
(Psalm 106:1-2, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. that's alot of veggies in the burger. My mum would be definitely happy to see a burger fully loaded with veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much ingredients in the fish noodle soup and so much extra wine too.

    Wow your fritters look really good.

    Heh that's salad and burger combined in a bun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. The next time I don't feel like cooking, I will get my hubby to go buy that burger. I love it with lots of veggie.

      Delete
  3. Those chive corn fritters are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fish noodle must be tasty and nice. Your fritters looked yummy too, I would enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hubby's burger is so loaded with ingredients. Wah! I feel like making corn and chive fritters too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. Corn and chives fritters very good.

      Delete
  6. Love your fish Mee hoon. Such a big portion until put in two bowls also the portion in each bowl looks big. Very tasty fritters you made there. Should keep you full from the oil. Everytime I eat things fried with oil, I will be full for longer. That burger is superb. So much vegetables. I can't figure out which part of your house the bird in the photo is at. Is it the back of your house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, its the oil that makes me full. The bird is perched on the side wall between my house and the neighbour's.

      Delete
  7. Everything looks great but especially your fritters, I could go for a nice plate of those for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha. The fritters are very addictive.

      Delete
  8. ...I would like the fritter and the burger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the food looks so good, but that burger really looks good. We don't go out for burgers anymore, hubby grilled them here. So good.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice your hubby grilled burgers and no need to buy from outside.

      Delete
  10. I like burgers that come with fried egg, very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Preciosas fotos y sabrosos platos, feliz verano Nancy. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like shreaded cabbage on my sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is many years since we had a burger, not our favourite meal I must say! Lovely skies and we have so many sparrows here. They love our feeder!!! Keep safe, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. How nice to have a sparrow or two to sing you a seranade.

    Sometimes a simple dinner is best.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lindo gorrión, rica tu hamburguesa. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...