Wednesday 20 October 2021

Stewed Duck, Steamed Tilapia & Stinky Bean With Minced Meat

This was another hot and humid day. We woke up late, an excuse to cancel morning walk.

We need to support our regular noodle stall.
We bought fish noodle for breakfast.
Cockscomb flowers from our front garden.
These are self-propagating and doesn't need much care except to water them.
~~~~~
Dine-in dinner.
We reached the restaurant and chose an open air table. The tables were spaciously placed apart from each other. We were early and there was only 2 tables with customers.
Soup in individual bowls.
We ordered veggie (pak choy) in superior soup.
Sambal stinky beans with minced meat.
Stewed duck.
For the above 3 dishes, we requested for small portion.
Steamed black Tilapia with spicy bean sauce.
Total cost of dinner was RM110, including 4 small rice
and hot water, we brought our own Chinese tea.
Sunset at 7:40pm.
Once we finished our dinner, there was no chit chatting.
We put back our face mask, checked out from the place and got into the car.
We reached home early, in time to take these sunset shots.


When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers -
the moon and the stars you set in place -
what are mere mortals that you should think about them,
human beings that you should care for them?
Yet you made them only a little lower than God
and crowned them with glory and honor.
You gave them charge of everything you made,
putting all things under their authority -
the flocks and the herds and all the wild animals,
the birds in the sky, the fish in the sea,
and everything that swims the ocean currents.
(Psalm 8:3-8, New Living Translation-NLT)

54 comments:

  1. Your food looks fabulous. Glad you were able to eat at the restaurant. Lovely sunset photos. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Hugs and have a great day too.

      Delete
  2. Your petai looks good, lovely colours. Your duck too, I bet that was so delicious...and the steamed tilapia as well. We are not into tilapia even though we can get it fresh, still alive, from the lakes of the Batang Ai Dam here.

    I wish I could wake up late, always up by around 4 p.m. and I go to bed at around 8. So early. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, STP. Yes, those of us who wakes up early will go to bed early too.

      Delete
    2. Small matter. It is just a typo error.

      Delete
  3. I wish I dare to dine out but I dare not because I don't know whether are there any infectious asymptomatic people out there near me. Maybe it is my time to get it and die but still I don't want to blame it on me so better just do my best to stay in to eat and trust God to let me know when is my time. Do you know that Colin Powell recently passed away from covid related complications?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How delicious! And those flowers from your garden looks really beautiful, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for showing me this foodjourney

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a great sunset to end the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...thanks for brightening my day with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers. I love the color.

    Beautiful sky and most fabulous looking food. You're making my mouth water.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Cockscomb are stunning! And the fish noodles look very good!

    ReplyDelete

  10. Good food is a great attraction. Have a nice Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me encantan tus flores. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  12. That soup looks awesome! I love soup.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your posts always give me a reason to smile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stewed Duck looks fingerlickingly delicious! Flowers in your garden are Beautiful Dear friend! Have a beautiful day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It pitch black by 7:40 here.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful food and a beautiful sunset for a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOnderful food photos. The sky shot is lovely too. Thank you for visiitng and have a wonderful rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful photos of your flowers and the sunset.
    It's great you were able to eat out and the food looks delicious!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I'd buy those fish noodles often too if I can get them!

    Nice sunset shots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. We have the fish noodles quite often.

      Delete
  20. Precioso atardecer, la comida se ve muy bien. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...