Thursday 11 November 2021

Pickled Vegetable And Roast Pork Bones Soup

No morning walk on this Saturday morning because there was a light drizzle.

Morning sky at 7:45am.
~~~~~
For breakfast, we wanted to try a new place that a friend recommended. The name of the coffee shop is Sunrise Restaurant, a corner shop. When we were checking in, we were informed that drinks will not be served for dine-in. There were only 4 tables for dine-in.
I ordered flat rice noodle (koay teow) with curry.
Hubby ordered pig stomach pepper soup with mixed noodle (yellow noodle with koay teow). In the bowl were pieces of pig stomach, a meat ball and a chicken foot.
We also ordered some of the fried stuffed ingredients for sharing. These were all freshly fried.
A heavy breakfast for 2 people.
After breakfast, we went home to make our own black coffee (kopi O).
During rainy season, lots of mushrooms are sprouting out.
These mushrooms were found by the roadside as we walked past.
~~~~~
Simple home cooked dinner for 2.
There was a packet of roast pork bones in the fridge. I bought some salted or pickled mustard green (hum choy) to make soup with the roast pork bones. Ingredients used: roast pork bones, hum choy, carrot, tomatoes and pickled sour plum.
This was our one dish dinner with steamed rice.
We love this soup very much.
Sometimes I will boil this soup with duck if duck is available.
My white bitter gourd plants growing in a pot in my garden.

Pursue peace with all people,
and the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God;
that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble,
and by it many become defiled;
(Hebrews 12:14, New American Standard Bible-NASB)

50 comments:

  1. Why no drinks served? Ekkkkkk!!!! Chicken claw, no, thank you! LOL!!! I would enjoy all the rest in that bowl though. Have not had pig's stomach for so long now. Slurpssss!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why they didn't serve drinks and we didn't ask why. Probably very few choose to dine in. Yes, some don't eat chicken claws but to us it is a delicacy.

      Delete
  2. Bellas planta de calabaza. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many yummy food! I want to have some pig stomach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pig stomach and pepper soup is good for rainy days.

      Delete
  4. The noodles look good. The chicken foot looks like a hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather is very cool nowadays as we get the North Wind. The rain here also makes the temperature drop. Nice!

    I love the food in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TM. True. Some nights feel like in Cameron Highlands.

      Delete
  6. Not into chicken feet or pig stomach but understand it's normal for you.
    The fungi look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret. Not everyone here likes to eat chicken feet or pig stomach but many do.

      Delete
  7. i like hum choy soup.....one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hum choy soup, so appetizing, yums!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No drinks? Why???
    And... booom. Chancellor Kohl back then always had pig stomach (Saumagen) and whole Germany went, "ewwww"! LOL. One person made that dish ugly!
    I´d happily go for the fried stuff, though!

    Those mushrooms look cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assumed it is not worth to open the drink section just for a few dine-in customers. Not many are ready to dine-in just yet. But I was told that if we want to order drinks, they will order from another place and have the drinks delivered to us.

      Delete
  10. I am always intrigued about your food and I'm sitting here wondering what it tastes like! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. We have very interesting food here that will awaken your taste buds.

      Delete
  11. ...mushrooms have been popping up here too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. I have seen a few in my garden too but they are smaller in size.

      Delete
  13. You lost me when I saw that chicken foot in the bowl. Sorry Nancy. I have to go to the washroom now.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry Paul. One man's meat is another man's poison.

      Delete
  14. I don't think I would eat a chicken foot but the fried food looks good!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nancy, we don't eat chicken feet around here. Surely, to your country, ours arrive since they are exported to the eastern countries.
    Greetings from Argentina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken feet used to be poor men's food but now it is a type of delicacy.

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Yes, these strange food is so normal for us.

      Delete
  17. Delicious. I want some of each dish. I think you two eat so very well.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous day and weekend.

      Delete
  18. Dear friend! Sky photo looks beautiful. Mushrooms photos are great they look so cute in the photos, bye the way i dont think i eat chicken foot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was a big breakfast, when we have a big breakfast, we usually skip lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We too usually skip lunch or have very light ones.

      Delete
  20. I don't think no one goes hunger at your place.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  21. this dishes looks yummy but the dish with the chicken feet.........

    Glowyshoe's blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very appetising soup for your dinner. Do you know whether the wild mushrooms are edible or not? I also wonder why for dine in that they don't serve drinks. If ask the shop, I wonder will they give an answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know and I will leave wild mushrooms alone. Probably the dine-in customers are not many for them to want to open the drinks section.

      Delete
  23. Ooh freshly fried liew. Not easy to find in KL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These freshly fried liew taste so much better than those mass production.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...