Thursday 4 November 2021

Kopisan Lai Fun For Breakfast & Steamed Fish For Dinner

This was another cloudy day. I have no complain because the nice cool breeze was good for morning walk.

Morning sky at 7:06am.
Sunrise at 7:14am.
~~~~~
Rice Noodle for breakfast (Kopisan lai fun in Cantonese).
This rice noodle originated from the Kopisan village in Gopeng. These days, there are a few outlets in Ipoh and we can enjoy this rice noodle without having to drive all the way to Gopeng. The travelling distance is about 23km and a leisure drive will take about 40 minutes from my house.
We ordered 2 bowls of rice noodle in clear anchovy (ikan bilis) soup, served with toasted sesame seeds and spring onion.
Some stuffed ingredients (yeong liew in Cantonese) to go with the noodle.
The above fried item can only be found in the lai fun stalls that originated from Kopisan. It is crispy on the outside and soft inside. One of the ingredients in this item is the crispy and fragrant fried pork lard.
Balsam plants and cockscomb plants in front of my house.
Cockscomb plants are self-propagating and they need very little care.
~~~~~
Simple home cooked dinner for 2.
There are days I will plan what I want to cook for dinner but some days, I will just cook whatever is available in the fridge.
Egg and onion omelette.
Napa cabbage and carrot.
Steamed grouper fish with lots of ginger strips, drizzled with garlic oil, oyster and soy sauce. I prefer not to keep fish too long in the freezer because we can easily get fresh fish every Friday morning.

Men have trained, or can train, every kind of animal or bird
that lives and every kind of reptile and fish,
but no human being can tame the tongue.
It is always ready to pour out its deadly poison.
Sometimes it praises our heavenly Father, and sometimes
it breaks out into curses against men who are made like God.
(James 3:7-9, The Living Bible-TLB)

37 comments:

  1. I like the look of the noodles...and the soup with all the ingredients.
    Aha! Steamed fish! My girl is slowly getting the taste of it so we may have it sometimes. She prefers fish deep fried - there is one in my blogpost today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, STP. When I was younger I too prefer deep fried fish.

      Delete
  2. The color of the Cockscombs is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some steamed grouper! So fresh and tasty. Lovely sky shots, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The morning sky is pretty as always.
    The flower, what a gorgeous colour sand the food is looking good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, it all looks so yummy again! And the cockscomb plants are ... wow, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recently I am hooked on a latest Korean Drama Howetown Cha Cha Cha and now I am on the last episode. It is a heartwarming romantic comedy with stories about slice of life. Keep safe and keep healthy Nancy. Your blog always gives me hope as I love seeing the sky shots and scenery shots you took.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby for your kind and encouraging comments. You too take care and keep safe.

      Delete
  7. ...the cockscomb supplies a nice splash of color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm intrigued now by that special fried item!

    Quite a lot of garlic must be used in your kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of beautiful food again, it all looks so good. I had a banana for my breakfast today. The weather here is cold and misty. The cockscomb flowers are really beautiful! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. We have sunny morning, overcast sky in the afternoon and rain in late afternoon. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  10. Oh, so Gopeng is so far away from your place. Good that the food from Gopeng can be easily obtained nearby your place already. The fish dinner looks so good. Cannot tell from the taste that it is from frozen, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. We bought the fish fresh and was kept in the freezer for about a week.

      Delete
  11. I love the sky shots, the beautiful flowers and especially the food. Yummy.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Sweetie complains because many things here are no longer fried in pork lard, he would love many of your foods with pork lard in them.

    Those flowers and skies are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. I have to agree that pork lard makes the food so much tastier.

      Delete
  13. Lindas flores ricos fideos. Re mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to try that rice noodle. Looks fantastic!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. so lovely pictures of the morning sky - it looks awesome and always so many yummy food xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful photos of the sky, and your cockscomb flowers are fabulous!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bonita la cresta de gallo. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...