Monday 15 November 2021

Stewed Beef Noodle & Chicken Curry Noodle

Last Tuesday, the morning was nice and cool, great for walking.

Kledang Hill was covered with thick mist except for the tip of the hill.
Close up view of the misty hill at 7:20am.
~~~~~
That morning, we wanted to try something new at XIBEI GOOD Sdn Bhd., at Jalan Bharu, Off Jalan Tokong, Ipoh. It was early at about 8:10am and besides us, there was one customer eating his breakfast.
Decorations on the wall.
I took these snapshots because I was facing this wall.
Menu on the wall behind me.
As we were enjoying our breakfast, more customers came in to fill up some of the tables.
For drink, we ordered lemon tea - RM3.80 per cup.
We were served these condiments.
Stewed beef with wonton noodle - RM10.50
It was this noodle that attracted me to this place when I saw someone posted in the social media about this noodle.
Taken from another angle to show the generous portion of stewed beef.
Chicken curry with wonton noodle - RM9.50
 Each noodle came with a small bowl of soup.
It was a satisfying breakfast for us.
~~~~~
Lunch for 2
We ordered iced lime juice and a plate of Chinese rojak (small portion) with dipping sauce.
Hubby also ordered a plate of fried noodle (koay teow) with beansprout and egg.
~~~~~
Simple home cooked dinner for 2.
Taro and pumpkin cooked with dried shrimp and garlic.
Taro and pumpkin are my favourites.
We have finished the prawns, so I added some chicken meat to the leftover prawn tom yam soup. This was a no rice dinner.
Kids with their Betta fishes or Siamese fighting fishes.
This snapshot of the mural was taken in 2014 when I was out having breakfast with a friend.

Linking to Monday Mural.

For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood,
but against persons without bodies - the evil rulers of the unseen world,
those mighty satanic beings and great evil princes of darkness
who rule this world; and against huge numbers of
wicked spirits in the spirit world.
(Ephesians 6:12, The Living Bible-TLB)

70 comments:

  1. This is s very cheerful and clean looking place. And this is the first time I now know the name of your beautiful hills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I think this is a new eatery.

      Delete
  2. Stewed beef looks good! I sure would enjoy that! I like rojak where we would dip in the sauce ourselves - we do that at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the inside of the cafe, not sure what you call it, maybe a restaurant.
    You photos are lovely Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret. I think we can call this cafe.

      Delete
  4. I love stewed beef and koay teow looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Xibei Good is already a creative name and not surprising the owner could decorate the walls with attractive graphics. I love that ambience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the creative name. The place is nice and have good ambience.

      Delete
  6. Nice looking restaurant and signs on the wall.
    The mural is quite cute. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to know your definition of "cool" - 6 C here right now ;-)
    Beautiful with the fog.
    Good idea with the pics of the food - I´d be lost without this!

    Yummy food and drink - and mural! Well, nice, not yummy, of course, the mural ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris. To us, 23 C to 24 C is considered cool.

      Delete
  8. The food looks good. I like both stew beef and curry chicken but your taro and pumpkin dish wins over both of them. Where did you eat your lunch of ckt and rojak?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol at the sibei good sdn bhd, if you are hokkien lang, you will understand sibei means very and sibei good means very good. It is interesting to have curry chicken with wanton noodles, we do not have that in sg. I like your homwcooked dinner, the bitter taste of taro will be balanced by the sweet taste of pumpkins. Yums! Tom yum soup goes with not only prawns but fish and chicken meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *typo tom yum soup goes well

      Delete
    2. Sibei good is very good. Yes, I am a Hokkien.

      Delete
    3. Here, we have wonton noodle with chicken curry, stewed pork rib or pork leg and stewed beef which is not so common.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful photos of the mountains! Your food looks delicious as always. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...I love the mountain tops peeking through the mist!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Nancy! Mountain tops through the Mist photo looks amazing (really good shot). Tea with lemon is my favourite one. Breakfast-cafe looks cute and peaceful. I love its wall decoration. Have a wonderful new week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That café is adorable! I love curry noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos of the mountains are beautiful and that looks like a lovely café.
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, the beef and noodle dish appeals to me the most. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chicken curry with wonton noodles sure looked yummy and the Stewed beef with wonton noodles would be for me.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh the food. Delicious and now my stomach is growling.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous day and week too.

      Delete
  18. I have never seen Taro here. I wonder if it would grow in our garden, but then I probably would not be able to get the seeds! Cheers and keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looked it up, yes it is available here but not local. I have made a note to check it out in Spring. Diane

      Delete
    2. I have tried growing taro and out of 3, I only succeeded once. Now I am trying the 4th time.

      Delete
    3. Diane, I hope you get to find taro and maybe get to grow them too.

      Delete
  19. Love the mist on the hills and of course, I was so amazed at what you eat for breakfast. Lovely mural of the Beta fish, So nice to see the children being happy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your ending mural. I had never heard of fighting fish before. I also like the first photo from inside the restaurant. I love it when owners show a little pride in their business. The mountain rising above the cloud is a very nice capture.
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The misty mountain is lovely, and the restaurant has some lovely décor.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice pic of the mountain
    and the foods look so good.
    Its been a while since I've eaten
    a really good stewed beef noodle.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to eat the beef noodles and I spotted some tendon too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved your photo of the mural, so cute. The stewed beef with wonton noodle also looked amazing. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lindo mural me dio ganas de fideo. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looking at the heavy mist in photo #2 with close up view reminds me of Cameron highlands. Was there during 2013. I guess you have been to CH cos I can vaguely remember you posting about CH before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to go up to Cameron Highlands quite regularly before the pandemic. Once the restriction was lifted recently, it seems the place is now crowded with tourists.

      Delete
  27. beautiful photos i must say and these meals looks yummy.

    Glowyshoe's blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. So many yummy food here - they are making me hungry.
    I like so much this old bicycle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Tu comida siempre es interesante. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...