Wednesday 2 February 2022

Penang Lobak & Stewed Pork Rib For Lunch

Our morning walk will be on hold during this Chinese New Year holidays. Our sons were still sleeping so hubby and I went for our early morning breakfast.

Sunrise at 7:15am
~~~~~
Breakfast at our regular coffee shop.
My breakfast: Herbal tea and croissant.
Croissant sandwich with 2 slices of butter and kaya (coconut milk).
I didn't take snapshot of hubby's breakfast.
He ordered shredded chicken noodle (kai si hor fun).
~~~~~
Lunch.
Ready made Penang lobak aka "ngoh hiang" which I bought from our regular supplier. A pack of 6 rolls for RM15.
Pan fried to heat up the lobak, sliced and served with chili sauce.
Ready made stewed sour plum pork rib (bought from one of our regular restaurant). Steam to heat up. Very appetizing dish.
Sauteed sweet potato leaves with garlic and salt.
This was the only dish I cooked.
These ready made dishes saved me a lot of work in the kitchen.
Purple bougainvillea by the roadside, planted in front of the owner's house.


Everything is appropriate in its own time.
But though God has planted eternity in the hearts of men,
even so, many cannot see the whole scope of God's work
from beginning to end.
(Ecclesiastes 3:11, The Living Bible-TLB)

52 comments:

  1. I love ngo hiang and must learn how to make it myself. Ready made dishes saves a lot of time and I am all for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ngo hiang too. I have tried once but wasn't up to expectation.

      Delete
  2. My missus made her own ngor hiang for Chinese New Year, supposed to be auspicious eating those, maybe because of the golden colour. In my blogpost today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are blessed because your missus can cook so well. I need to learn to make ngor hiang so next year need not have to order. Lol!

      Delete
  3. All the food looks delicious and that bougainvillea is so beautiful!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nancy,.:=) I read pork on your title, and came to see your mouth watering food. Everything looks delicious, and the greens you cooked look very appetising.

    The Bougainvillea is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hmmmm... croissant!
    Potatoe leaves... interesting!! And beautiful flowers - to family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! The food looks so delicious :)
    Thanks for sharing

    Abdel | Infinitely Posh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...thanks for the bougainvillea, this is something that I miss from my walks in Maui.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Bougainvillea! Your food looks so good, I'm sure you all enjoyed it! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sunrise. I'm waiting for the sun to rise this morning.

    Oh the food. Oh the food. I want some of each.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love croissants too, happy week ❤

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love herbal tea :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bougainvillea grows in Hawaii, too. I like your croissant, and I have never eaten potato leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gigi. We love sweet potato leaves.

      Delete
  13. Mmmmmmm! You have made me want to eat a croissant sandwich with butter and Serrano ham. The flower you show us In Argentina we call it Santa Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Norma. Thanks for the name of the flower.

      Delete
  14. Between Penang Lobak & Stewed Pork Rib, I would choose stewed pork ribs. Food sure looks tasty. Your sons don't eat breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sons sleep through breakfast. They will take lunch and dinner.

      Delete
  15. Woow croissant sandwich and Herbal tea sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. Hope you are getting better each day.

      Delete
  17. The food looks good, and the flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It can be nice to supplement in the kitchen with food bought elsewhere, i always enjoy that.

    Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saves us a lot of work and stress too. Thank you, Mimi.

      Delete
  19. Lindas flores y ricos panes. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Spicy lunch. Nice bougainvillea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeevan. Take care and have a speedy recovery.

      Delete
  21. Todo se ve muy bueno. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You can relax and enjoy yourself more, and still everyone has good food.... so it's a win-win situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, now must learn to work smart. Getting wiser each year. Hahahaaa.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...