Friday 4 February 2022

Stuffed Tofu Puffs, Roast Duck & Steamed Chicken

This was 1st day of Chinese New Year 2022 (Tuesday, 1st of February). End of January, a friend gave me a packet of tofu puffs from Bentong. These tofu puffs are very different from our local ones and their taste and texture so much better too.

Lunch for 4 people.

Stuffed tofu puffs with minced pork and fish paste.
The Thai sweet chili sauce is a good dipping for the tofu puffs.
This is the 2nd half of the roast duck hubby bought for reunion dinner.
Sauteed long beans and chive flowers with garlic and salt.
Both were from my garden.
Every day, my mind will be planning the menu for lunch and dinner. I stood in front of the freezer compartment of the fridge and finally took out a frozen chicken.
Steamed chicken with abalone.
I rub salt all over the chicken and let it rest for about 30 to 45 minutes before I steamed the chicken.
Steamed chicken with blended ginger.
I sliced the abalone thinly for easy eating
The leftover stuffed tofu puffs cooked with fresh mushrooms and carrot.
Blanched greens (choy fah), drizzled with garlic oil, oyster and soy sauce.
Home cooked dinner for 4 people.
~~~~~
The following sky shots were taken end of January, 2022 during one of our morning walk.
Sunrise at 7:16am.
7:21am
7:26am
7:27am.
Wishing everyone a happy and cheerful new year!

Linking To Friday Bliss & Skywatch Friday.

When a man is gloomy, everything seems to go wrong;
when he is cheerful, everything seems right!
(Proverbs 15:15, The Living Bible-TLB)

56 comments:

  1. Oooo...roast duck! Drool! Drool! Ooopsss!!! I forgot all about the abalone the fish lady gave me, still in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...you can take your time to enjoy the abalone given by the fish lady. She is so nice to her regular customer.

      Delete
  2. lavish meal! got duck, chicken and abalone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nux. The same food, homecooked cheaper but restaurant more tastier.

      Delete
  3. Oh! I like the steamed chicken. Quite good that the stuffed tofu puffs could also be stir fried with mushrooms and carrots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I refried the tofu puffs, they will be too dry. Stir fry with mushrooms and carrots becomes like a new dish and tastier too.

      Delete
  4. Your dishes look delicious, loved to se as I am not an eager cook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ritta. I love to cook but must have the cooking mood.

      Delete
  5. ...the roast duck looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy looking food and great sky shots. Happy Chinese new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tofu puffs look so delicious!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the skies you posted, and the food is amazing, tofu puffs sound really good.
    Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've dined very well this new year. Wow. I always love your foodie posts.

    Beautiful sky. I love watching sunrises and sunsets.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sky shots and your plants are beautiful too. I would love to try some of those tofu puffs, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kung Hee Fat Choy!!! Love those tofu puffs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are chive flowers? Your bush is literally dripping with big gorgeous blooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually they are chive buds with the long beans, my mistake. Thank you, Ginny.

      Delete
  13. Everything looks very tasty! I would like to try))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Nancy, the roast duck looks yum 😀!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stuffed Tofu Puffs, Roast Duck and Steamed Chicken make luxury meals for the whole day. Everyone must have bonded over food. The bentong tofu puffs are sold here in kl too. Will you be buying them regularly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. My supply of Bentong tofu puffs are through my friends. I usually buy local ones.

      Delete
  16. Se ve lindas las flores Y las pastelitos de tofu. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  17. The flowers look very pretty. Delicious looking food you made! Tofu puffs looking interesting! I bought 1 3/4 lb. of salmon this afternoon and I know it will taste delicious when I make it sometime next week! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tus verduras siempre me encantan. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such pretty skies and flowers! You have done a lot of good cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sumptuous food for CNY!

    I've seen bentong tofu puffs being sold on FB and Shopee, didn't know they tasted different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are different from our local ones. I didn't know until I tasted them.

      Delete
  21. Pretty flowers and skies but your food has me drooling

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is my first time seeing this Stuffed tofu puffs with minced pork and fish paste. I am sure I would love them as I could imagine the taste with chilly sauce. Yummeh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TM. Besides tofu puffs, you can also use brinjals, chilies, ladies fingers, tofu. They all will taste as good.

      Delete
  23. What a lovely post ! Beautiful blooms, Stunning sky shots. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...