Thursday 17 February 2022

Savoury Glutinous Rice , Pork + Arrowhead & Green Amaranth

This was in the last week of January, about a week before Chinese New Year. We were sitting in one of our regular coffee shop and I was looking round at the stalls. I couldn't decide what to order because I don't know what I wanted to eat. I noticed a new stall managed by an elderly couple. They have shifted over from another coffee shop behind this coffee shop. 

I walked over to see what they have and I finally decided on ordering the glutinous rice. I asked for a mixture of yellow glutinous rice with curry chicken and glutinous with dried shrimp. I finished it all by myself because hubby ordered fried noodle. This heavy breakfast kept me full till dinner.
I had a small patch of green amaranth growing in front of my house. It was time for a 2nd harvest.
I harvested some green amaranth (yeen choy) and some water spinach (kangkong).
I wanted to sauteed the green amaranth with garlic and salt for dinner but due to my clumsiness, I cracked an egg. So I add the egg to the green amaranth.
After frying the arrowhead chips, I used the bits and pieces of arrowheads left behind to cook with pork for dinner.
This was our simple dinner with plain brown rice porridge.

Only a simpleton believes everything he's told!
A prudent man understands the need for proof.
(Proverbs 14:15, The Living Bible-TLB)

55 comments:

  1. You live in food heaven! Here so many restaurants/food places closed down, it´s a pity. Last food festival was pre-COVID. No excitement on the food front over here - glad you share yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though some have closed due to Covid, many still continue to struggle and remain in business. We are to help them continue and keep their business. Many are now reviving.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful array of food in your post, enjoy! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Hugs. Have a great day too.

      Delete
  3. I wish our green vegetables will grow as well as yours, no need to buy from outside anymore. Most of the time, they sell by the "ikat" or by kilo - so much we simply cannot finish and it gets thrown away, so wasteful. If we had our own, we could just pluck a bit to cook and eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, STP. With the home grown we are now buying less veggies. I only buy those that I do not grow or when I run out of fresh veggie from the garden. I don't grow much so the supply runs out quite fast.

      Delete
  4. Delicious food:) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your meals are always so different to ours :-) Keep safe, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. Take care and keep safe too.

      Delete
  6. ...the greens look fabulous on this cold winter morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg looks so good! Wish you a good day! <3

    www.pimentamaisdoce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious and look's good as always

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, the dish that you've showed is lovely and yummy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. egg with amaranth looks delicious. I think next time i shall cook it this way too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A simple recipe is created due to a cracked egg. Lol!

      Delete
  11. Oh the food. Oh the food.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's easy to see why breakfast lasted the whole day. And it all looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David. In fact, I enjoyed my breakfast more than lunch.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. I enjoy my breakfast and no problem skipping lunch.

      Delete
  14. As always, delicious food and great photos. Have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your review as always ))

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have quite a productive garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William. Sometimes but not all the time.

      Delete
  17. I would like to try your combination of savoury Glutinous Rice with curry because it looks delicious. My mother would cook Pork and Arrowhead when we were young. She won't deep fry the ngaku into chips. Your Green Amaranth is growing so well and cooking it with eggs make a delicious sort of egg yin choy omelette. Did you grow the yin choy using seeds or batang?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I use seeds to grow yin choy.

      Delete
  18. The green amaranth looks really good, but water spinach is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simple but yummy food! Such a healthy patch of amaranth. Mine mostly like to grow in various cracks in the cement haha. Transfer them to a pot 'mansion' and they will die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same case here. I have tried to grow in pots but somehow they prefer the ground patch.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...