Saturday 19 February 2022

Prawn Noodle, Wild Boar Rendang, Porridge With Fried Dace & Salted Egg

I had a packet of Hokkien Prawn Noodle ready made paste that was near expiry date. 

I used the paste to cook Hokkien Prawn Noodle for lunch.
Ingredients used: big prawns, chicken drumstick meat cut into cubes, beansprouts and home grown chives. I kept the remaining soup for next day's breakfast.
For dinner, hubby went out to buy wild boar rendang (RM10) from a nearby Indian stall.
I had bread with the wild boar rendang while hubby had instant noodle with the wild boar rendang. He is not a fan of bread.
~~~~~
The next morning's breakfast.
After returning from our morning walk, I heated up the prawn soup.
We had Hokkien prawn noodle with hot milo for breakfast.
~~~~~
Simple dinner for 2 people.
I boiled plain brown rice porridge.
Opened a can of fried dace with salted black beans.
There were 2 fried dace with the black beans.
I actually like the black beans than the fried dace.
I boiled 2 salted duck eggs. I am too lazy to pickle the eggs. Nowadays it is more convenient to buy from the store.
Hubby likes to eat porridge with the above fermented white bean curd (fu yue). He likes the one with sesame oil and chili added.
This time I managed to take a snapshot of the black bird that comes to shred my banana leaves and flies off with the banana leaf shreds. I do not know the identity of the bird. The picture is not clear so I don't know if anyone can help to identify this bird.


A friendly discussion is as stimulating
as the sparks that fly when iron strikes iron.
(Proverbs 27:17, The Living Bible-TLB)

66 comments:

  1. I love salted duck eggs! The prawn noodles look so appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home cooked Hokkien prawn noodles are so beautifully presented and full of ingredients! Wild boar rendang sounds interesting and I am sure it is delicious. I happen to love bread but can't eat too much or too often as I tend to put on weight. So sad. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wild boar rendang is very good. So true, bread makes me put on weight. So now I try not to buy bread.

      Delete
  3. Your food is always so varied and looks delicious. Great photos, too. I don't know what sort of a bird it is. Glad you got a snapshot! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  4. Omg looks amazing! Now I'm starving <3

    www.pimentamaisdoce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo...your prawn noodles are simply awesome!!! Such huge prawns. My missus loves that tau joo with her porridge, not me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby like tau joo with his porridge. I seldom eat it with porridge, I use it for cooking. Lol!

      Delete
  6. Hello Nancy,:=) Maybe the bird is a Starling, I think I can see some white spots, but I'm not sure.
    Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure because the photo is not clear. Have a happy weekend too.

      Delete
  7. Looks yum! I like salted duck eggs 😁!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love black beans, too!
    Ingo made mustard eggs yesterday, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Nancy,
    Your prawns and meals look delicious. Great capture of the Blackbird, it is a Starling? Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. I wish the photo is a bit clearer. I can't make out the spots.

      Delete
  10. ...the prawns for me please, enjoy your weekend, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your prawn noddle sure looks delicious! Have a great weekend Nancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Walaueh! Your prawns are so huge in the noodles! Yummy eh.
    I am a great fan of bread and always have a big loaf for myself to slowly eat them daily. Now I make Bak Kwa sandwich everyday because we received 7-8 packets of bak kwa for CNY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TM. I am cutting down on bread even though I love bread. Can't eat bread too often because I put on weight easily. I like bak kwa with bread but too bad, no more bak kwa.

      Delete
  13. You'll probably know what I was looking for? If not I'll let you know. It's PRAWNS ( SHRIMPS ) That dish looks so good Nancy.


    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. Yes, I know you love prawns/shrimps.

      Delete
  14. Your food looks delicious. Specially the prawn noodle soup.
    Lucky that you have captured this bird.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The prawns are HUGE! Your banana shreds would make good nesting materials.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would have enjoyed eating with you today. :-))) Keep safe Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fried Lace, never heard of it.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  18. You got such a good photo of the bird! Interesting meals this week. Sounds like you enjoyed them and they were tasty! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sounds like that bird wants shreds of the banana leaf to make a nest.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ricos fideos con gambas. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wish I could pop in to lunch, the prawn noodle dish looks yummy.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Superb home cooked Prawn Noodle! Must be very tasty. I also prefer to eat Wild Boar Rendang with bread instead of rice. Porridge With Fried Dace & Salted Egg is very flavourful. Fu Yue I think too but I seldom pay attention to the ingredients. As long as is fu Yue then I eat with congee. The bird is just a silhouette so can't identify. Did the bird return for u to take a close up photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. This is the only photo I managed to take.

      Delete
  23. That looks delicious! Unlucky, I don't know what the name of the bird is :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always say "Yes" for the seafoods. Fried dace looks delicious. Have a wonderful new week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Muy buena tu comida. Feliz semana.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The bird just looks like a crow to me.

    Oh wow very fancy prawn noodle, thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...