Saturday 5 February 2022

Fried Chicken Wings, Fried Prawns, Steamed Egg With Minced Pork

As we were driving out to the coffee shop, I saw this .....

The sun rising from behind the moutain at 7:48am.
Hubby had to slow down for me and this is the best shot I got.
~~~~~
Breakfast
I ordered wonton noodle with bbq pork and minced meat dumplings.
I also ordered coffee which I shared with hubby.
Hubby ordered shredded chicken noodle (kai si hor fun). The boss was in good mood and he topped the noodle witth some dried scallop. Hubby ordered a glass of Chinese tea which we shared.
~~~~~
Lunch for 3 people: Just me and my 2 sons.
Hubby had a small lunch gathering with his old coursemates in Bercham.
Deep fried pre-marinated chicken wings.
Sauteed Chinese kai lan with garlic and salt.
Just 2 dishes plus some leftover which we need to clear from the fridge.
~~~~~
Afternoon snack.
Steamed glutinous rice cake with grated coconut.
Elder son haven't eaten this for a long time so I went out to buy some grated coconut from the Buntong wet market which is a short drive from my house.
I added a pinch of salt to the grated coconut.
Scooped out the steamed sticky glutinous rice into small balls and rolled with grated coconut.
~~~~~
Dinner for 4 people.
Deep fried prawns coated with oyster and soy sauce.
Ingredient for sauce: oyster and soy sauce, sugar and salt to taste, and cooking wine.
Salted egg yolk beans and carrot strips.
This is my first try and I will need to try again.
It didn't turn out as expected but the taste was quite good.
Steamed eggs with minced pork, drizzled with garlic oil.
I haven't prepared this dish for a long, long time.
Three dishes plus some leftover chicken wings from lunch.
~~~~~
Doggie photos for Saturday's Critters.
Saw this dog taking a walk in front of my house.
He met up with another dog coming from the opposite direction.
I don't know what they said to each other in their doggie language.
There was no barking or baring of teeth at each other.
Then they parted and went their own ways.


A person may think their own ways are right,
but the LORD weighs the heart.
To do what is right and just is more
acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.
(Proverbs 21:2-3, The Living Bible-TLB)

60 comments:

  1. Wowwww!!! Your noodle dishes look gorgeous, the wanton mee & the kai si hor fun. Fried chicken wings look yummy as well. Waaahhhh!!! Your prawns so big, how much a kilo like that? Here, at least RM45 a kilo, fresh from the sea ones (not frozen).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, STP. Yes, the prawns very big. I think it was about RM60 plus because bought 2 weeks ahead of CNY. Price already went up.

      Delete
  2. Fried Chicken Wings, Fried Prawns and Steamed Egg With Minced Pork sound so tasty! I like the Steamed glutinous rice cake with grated coconut best. So yummy! I hope the two dogs are safe and have enough to eat. Do you see them often?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fried chicken wings and those giant prawns are so GOOD! And I want to the steamed glutinous rice with grated coconut too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all your home cooked dishes and the fried chicken wings reminded me of my mum's version. She used to fry chicken wings for special occasions. But she has since retired from such cooking. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. This simple recipe is still the all time favourite recipe.

      Delete
  5. The sunrise photo is fabulous! So much wonderful food, too, thanks for sharing. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunrise photo great :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome sunrise shot! I would take the fried chicken wings :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Nancy,
    Pretty capture of the sunrise. Your food photos look wonderful, I would love the soup. The dogs are cute, I hope they are safe. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Enjoy your new week.

      Delete
  9. Hello Nancy,:=) The fried Chicken wings would be my choice, and also the Prawns with Oyster and Soy sauce. I would love to try all the food you eat, because you don't know if you like it until you have tried it. Cute dog photo, and it has a collar, good natured too. They just wanted to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures can be misleading. I agree with you that we need to taste the food to know if we like it or not.

      Delete
  10. Your dishes amaze me every time. How can we eat such different things?
    And, oh, those two doggie-friends, cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we will get to taste each other's food one day.

      Delete
  11. ...I love chicken wings, but they have gotten so expensive here.

    ReplyDelete

  12. Delicious food and beautiful photos. The dogs are very cool. Have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty sunrise shot! All the food looks amazing. I love the sweet dog photos too. Have a great weekend Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like that you are always with hubby, in search of great breakfasts to share and beautiful sunrises to greet you at the beginning of your day. Lunch with your sons looks abundant with great looking food. I'm intrigued by the salted egg yolk beans and carrot strips. I'll have to look it up for a recipe. Enjoyed your post very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. We are both retirees and hubby likes to eat out for breakfast.

      Delete
  15. The wings look very yummy...everything does! And nice to see the dogs getting along well. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my God, Deep fried prawns coated with oyster and soy sauce. Yum, yum. Those deep fried chicken wings really look great. I'm so hungry just looking at these two dishes.


    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your food is wonderful!!
    You captured a halo on that building.
    I love the street encounter between the two dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo this food looks and sounds soooo good! We ordered pizza and two salads last night and it was $40!! Inflation is real lol! Oh wow that is a lot of dogs wandering around but at least they got along.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The dogs look like old friends stopping to chat a moment on their way to wherever they are going.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This photos makes me hungry! It looks delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Esas alitas de pollo me encantan. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and family. Hope you all had a wonderful celebration.
    I am drooling madly at that nian gao with grated coconut. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TM. Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and wifey.

      Delete
  23. Yum, so delicious. Keep safe. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  24. The veg dish is missing your signature garlic topping. :)

    Oh nian koh like that is also nice. I bought one this year but went for the fried yam-sweet potato version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaaa...I sauteed the kai lan so didn't put the garlic topping. These days, very lazy to deep fry the nian koh because can buy from outside, more crispy and yummy. Home made too much work and can't eat much.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...