Monday 21 February 2022

Butter Coffee + Toast, Fried Rice + Salted Egg Yolk Vegetables

This was in the last week of January. The sky was gloomy due to the rainy season.

7:14am, before we started on our morning walk.
After morning walk, we drove to Restoran Meng Meng Kee, Menglembu for breakfast.
We ordered unsweetened coffee (kopi-o kosong) and Chinese tea.
Ordered toast. Requested for butter and kaya to be served separately.
The reason: We wanted to use some of the butter to add to the coffee. Just a little bit, won't taste good if too much butter is added.
Hubby ordered hor hee with mung bean noodle.
I ordered 4 pieces of stuffed items without noodle.
~~~~~
For lunch, we went to Restoran Wong Sheng because we happened to be in the same vicinity.
We ordered fried rice (small portion) to share.
And salted egg yolk assorted vegetable to go with the fried rice.
~~~~~
Since we had a late lunch, we had a simple late dinner.
I cooked some instant noodle and mixed it with the chili oil which my friend gave me. Plain but yummy.
This mural is behind a row of shop houses in Ipoh new town. It was painted in February, 2021 by local artist Eric Lai (Perak Kuchai Culture & Arts Association).

Linking to Monday Mural.

The person who has been born into God's family does not make
a practice of sinning because now God's life is in him;
so he can't keep on sinning, for this new life has been
born into him and controls him - he has been born again.
(1 John 3:9, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. I love tea :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salted egg yolk assorted vegetable looks so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be happy with the fried rice and salted egg yolk veggies. I have yet to try adding butter to coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try the butter coffee and see if you enjoy it. Make sure the coffee is hot.

      Delete
  4. Nice food as always :)
    I like the mural, very colourful and vibrant. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had butter with kopi-o at a very small, very old, run-down coffee shop in Kuching. It was so very nice! Your vege dish looks good - restaurant-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Butter in coffee? New to me, but sounds good. I just defrosted truffle-butter, yummmm.
    Chili, hmmmm....Fitting mural to that, oh, you should visit us - we have one of them on our ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of wonderful food, but I can't imagine butter in coffee. Have a wonderful day, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned to drink butter in coffee from my late dad when I was a kid.

      Delete
  8. All the dishes look amazing! Omg!

    www.pimentamaisdoce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mural and everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I predicted the butter was for the coffee already hehe.

    Lovely meals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so stunning mural - always when I see the food here I am getting hungry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a bit of each dish. Yummy.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a beautiful painting of a bull. I love art! I like your soup, which looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gloomy or not, that sky is photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Butter in coffee is something i've heard about but not tried. Someday i will get brave enough.

    The vegetables look very delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. I hope you will get to try it one day.

      Delete
  16. Such Beautiful Photos - And Delightful Dishes As Well - Be Well My Friend

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Uy lindo mural. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  18. For some reason "Butter Coffee" sound interesting.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have tried Butter Coffee a few times. It is called bullet proof coffee in some cafes. Long time I didn't eat Toast outside. Fried Rice and Salted Egg Yolk Vegetables sound like a good combination. Are the salted egg yolk vegetables deep fried or stir fried?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The salted egg yolk vegetables were deep fried. The lotus roots very crunchy.

      Delete
  20. I love fried rice you have some interesting food

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...