Thursday 16 June 2022

A Visit To Penang Botanic Gardens

After our durian snack which I have shared in yesterday's post (here), our next stop was Penang Botanic Gardens.

Fountain near to the parking lot.
Entrance to the Botanic Gardens.
On one of the pillars.
We came across some trees bearing some strange looking fruits.
Most of the fruits are bigger than my palm.
These are Cannon Ball Tree (couroupita guianensis).
Beautiful tall trees.
It was a hot sunny day.
Just sit back and enjoy the photos.
Tree trunk #1
Tree trunk #2

Tree trunk #3
Tree trunk #4
It was a short visit and our next stop was for some dessert.
Tian Yuan Desserts Enterprise.
2 bowls Aiyu Jelly with Calamansi & Passion Fruit @ RM7 each.
1 plate of Sticky Milk Mochi with Grind Peanut @ RM8.
We shared the above as we were reserving our tummy space for dinner.

Linking to Garden Affair.

And God has reserved for his children the priceless gift of eternal life;
it is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled,
beyond the reach of change and decay.
(1 Peter 1:4, The Living Bible-TLB)

34 comments:

  1. The last time I visited Penang Botanic Gardens must be more than 10 years ago! I saw a similar flower at Perdana Botanical Gardens and now I know it is the cannonball tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember when was my previous visit, must have been a long time ago.

      Delete
  2. What a nice places , thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  3. Where are the monkeys? I went there some years ago, lots of them! They say cannot feed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only saw a few monkeys but they were up on the trees. Probably it was hot at that time. I remember there were many monkeys the last time I visited.

      Delete
  4. That looks like you had a wonderful day! It´s beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris. We would enjoy the place more if we had visited in the early morning when it is cooler.

      Delete
  5. Mochi with ground peanut is interesting. Looks like at least 4 people were sharing the dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. 4 people shared that plate.

      Delete
  6. The tree with fruits looks fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Nancy for showing us what Penang Botanic Gardens looks like now. I have been there a few times when I was studying in pg. The ice aiyu jelly dessert and mochi peanuts dessert look so tasty. Which one do you prefer between the two?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say no preference, I love both. Lol!

      Delete
  8. Nancy, what a beautiful place to go! I read that the trees of the Cannon Ball Tree should be planted away from the paths where people walk because their fruits are very heavy and can hurt the passerby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the trees are planted a distance away from the pathway.

      Delete
  9. Amen my friend. The photos are lovely. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The garden looks so well maintained. Love it. I like your desserts, too. Gigi hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful place. And the tree roots are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lindos jardines te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tree trunks look fantastic and are well preserved in their natural state. Beautiful garden photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Precioso el jardín, me encanta. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The canon ball flower looks so exotic and fruits too , Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...