Thursday 2 June 2022

Chicken In Wine Soup Served With Mee Sua For Dinner

I had a whole chicken which was chopped into pieces kept in the freezer. Hubby bought this chicken from his friend who sells chicken in the market. When I took out the chicken to thaw, I have no idea what I want to cook with the chicken.

When it was time to cook dinner, I used the chicken to cook soup because I wanted to eat mee sua (wheat flour noodle). The easiest soup is chicken in wine soup. Ingredients: sliced ginger, red dates, goji berries, home made raisin wine and chicken.
I cooked 2 portions of mee sua (noodle) in boiling water and placed the noodle in 2 bowls.
Scoop the chicken piece and wine soup onto the mee sua.
Loosen the mee sua to mix with the soup before eating.
~~~~~
We have some left over chicken and wine soup. I kept it in the fridge for the next day's dinner.
All I need to do is take out the leftover soup from the previous day and heat it up. I added 2 eggs into the soup and served the soup with mee sua. That was our simple, yet delicious dinner for 2 people.

The instructions of the LORD are perfect, reviving the soul.
The decrees of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
(Psalm 19:7, New Living Translation-NLT)

38 comments:

  1. I wish I could taste that! Here, we cook the chicken with lots of ginger and traditional Foochow red wine...and serve mee sua in it. Very ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love the traditional Foochow red wine with chicken. My aunt in Sitiawan cooks it very well.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Nancy for your early post today. I can eat Chicken In Wine Soup Served With Mee Sua For dinner too but need to share one plate with another person cos one plate is too much for me as I prefer to keep some stomach space for dessert. How did you make the wine before putting in the raisins? Did you make the wine yourself by fermenting some rice with yeast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have grapes so I used raisin and yeast to make the wine.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. So no need to use rice. Just yeast and raisin to make raisin wine. Thanks for this info.

      Delete
    3. Yes, this one no need to use glutinous rice.

      Delete
  3. What a nutritious and tasty dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful home cooked meal.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous weekend.

      Delete
  5. This sounds very delicious! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Hugs. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  6. I want to cook chicken soup like yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soup is one of those dishes that goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soup is good for hot days and easily digested.

      Delete
  8. So nutritious as well! I like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soup is laden with ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks yum! Have a great day!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't mind mee suah any other day. So comforting, easy menu.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only chicken I cook with is the kind that is unidentifiable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. the food looks very inviting and full of nutricious....chicken with mee sua sound great for cold wether. Have a nice weekend Nancy ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is suppose to keep the body warm with the added wine.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...