Saturday 18 June 2022

White Curry Noodle At Hot Bowl Nyonya Delights, Penang

As usual whenever I am travelling, I will have interrupted sleep and will wake up a few times throughout the night.

Morning view in Penang at 7:05am.
 Since our friends were still sleeping, we went down for a walk.
9:05am
We were back in our hotel room resting when the heavy downpour started.
It was still raining when we were preparing to go out for breakfast.
By the time we reached our destination, there was only a light drizzle.
White curry noodle for breakfast at Hot Bowl Nyonya Delights, Jalan Rangoon, Penang.
Menu.
Paintings on the walls.
Newspaper cuttings about their white curry noodles.
Our drinks: Warm barley (RM2), Chinese tea (RM1.20) and Penang white coffee (RM3.50 x 2).
Not as kaw (thick) as Ipoh white coffee but the taste is good.
4 bowls of white curry noodles + 2 sides orders.
2 pieces Teochew Guang - RM2.80
Spiced Loh Bak - RM6.
2 white curry noodles with tofu puff and squid - RM13.
White curry noodle with tofu puffs & cockles - RM13.
I think it is the milk or creamer that gives the white colour.
Curry paste or curry oil.
I took a spoonful of curry oil and added it to the noodle and mixed. Without the curry oil, the white broth tastes bland.
Personally, I still prefer the normal red curry noodle which has the extra omph!
2 crows facing the sea.
Crows are black birds and can be identified by their loud "caw-caw" calls.


I tell you, love your enemies.
Help and give without expecting a return.
You'll never - I promise - regret it.
Live out this God-created identity the way our Father lives toward us,
generously and graciously, even when we're at our worst.
Our Father is kind; you be kind.
(Luke 6:35-36, The Message-MSG)

43 comments:

  1. After looking at all these lovely food, I am very hungry LoL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Especially when you have eaten anything yet.

      Delete
  2. I do not sleep well when travelling either. I must have my own bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I too must have my own bed and pillow.

      Delete

  3. I love summer rain, nothing better than going outside without a brolly and enjoy! Sadly happens too seldom here.
    You would be so disappointed being here for breakfast. Most hotels offer mainly (but luckily not only) sweet stuff, it´s a pain. Yours look yummy.
    Crows are my fav birds, so cute and clever. The German ones are boring, but in Australia they really "talk"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crows here are noisy but they have dark, almost total black glossy feathers.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Nancy for bringing back memories of this eatery. I have eaten White Curry Noodle At Hot Bowl Nyonya Delights, Penang twice previously. I like their smooth smooth steamed chicken. Do they still sell the smooth smooth steamed chicken together with the white curry Mee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mun, I saw steamed chicken on a few tables.

      Delete
  5. Hello, Nancy
    I rarely sleep through the night, especially when traveling. The food looks yummy, I am having my morning coffee now. Great shots of the crows, they have a nice view of the sea. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer red curry too, not so pale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...your sky looks like ours that we have in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your posts give me food for thought and gratitude. Thank you so much. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never had a white curry...it sounds and looks fascinating and delicious, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Nice for sightseeing but not good for photography.

      Delete
  11. Be kind, what a wonderful message for us all. We never go out for breakfast but I would love to try the dishes you chose. Happy weekend! Caw...Caw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a light sleeper, so sleep don't come easy for me. Even when travelling, I also don't get much sleep. But somehow it is alright since it is holiday. Lol. But of course it is always good to get enough rest when on holiday as not to tired yourself out. Tried the instant Penang white curry noodle but not to my liking. Maybe just need to get used to the taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried the instant Penang white curry noodle and now that I have also tasted the fresh ones, I still prefer the normal traditional red curry noodles.

      Delete
  13. 'Hot Bowl' - lovely short name! The crow shots and that of the mural are very attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not many highrisers or skyscrapers there. Not a metropolis. I like curry that is not too hot. Lol. Gigi hawaii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it will remain such or else the old buildings will have to go and altogether disappear.

      Delete
  15. Dropped by to look at great photos andwas not disappointed

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look like a storm moving in
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in the midst of monsoon season. Lots of sun mixed with thunderstorms.

      Delete
  17. I usually sleep well when staying away from home, either in the caravan or a Hotel/Motel, very fortunate I am. Good to have a bit of taste in your food than being bland all the time.The view is good and I like those murals on the wall there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a blessing to be able to sleep well wherever you are. I wish I could do that.

      Delete
  18. I thought you could add chilli paste until the oomph was achieved. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chili paste will give the extra heat but the flavour is still not like the traditional red curry noodle.

      Delete
  19. Breakfasts are very different there. We have both crows and ravens. Crows tend to be in town and the ravens are with up inland up the lake. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, I will have a hard time differentiating both.

      Delete
  20. Todo se ve muy bien. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...