Monday 20 June 2022

Muah Chee & War Memorial In Ayer Itam, Penang

On the 2nd day in Penang. After breakfast, our friends took us to Ayer Itam. No, not for assam laksa as we were still full from our breakfast. We got down from the car to take a walk.

We passed by this durian stall.
On we walked and I saw this familiar man and his muah chee stall. We bought muah chee from him when we were here in 2017. That is 5 years ago.
I love muah chee so I have to buy a small pack for us to share.
This wall mural is on the opposite side. I crossed the road to take this snapshot.
~~~~~
On our drive out from Ayer Itam, we came to the war memoral park near the roundabout.
These structures are on our left side and the following snapshots were taken from a moving car.
World Peace Memorial with a flock of doves in flight.
The Overseas Chinese Anti-War Memorial Park.
Ayer Itam War Memorial.
These photos were taken from a moving car.
This memorial park (2011) is a memorial to the Chinese people of Penang who died under the Japanese Occupation in World War II.
Soldiers and their army truck.
This sculpture was made using fiberglass with bronze effect finishing.

Linking to Monday Mural.

Take your share of suffering as a good soldier of Jesus Christ,
just as I do; and as Christ's soldier, do not let yourself
become tied up in worldly affairs,
for then you cannot satisfy the one who has enlisted you in his army.
(2 Timothy 2:3-4, The Living Bible-TLB)

41 comments:

  1. ...the Ayer Itam War Memorial is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mural loos good (the food very yummy) - the war memorial is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world Peace Memorial is especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Nancy for an educational post on this War Memorial In Ayer Itam in Penang. I have not been there. I love to eat muah Chee and will definitely buy it too. You all must have enjoyed this sightseeing in Ayer Itam, right? Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. It was a short visit to Ayer Itam.

      Delete
  5. The war memorial is quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love muah chee. Yours look so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this muah chee. Soft and with lots of crushed peanuts.

      Delete
  7. I don't know what muah chee is and I've never tasted dorian fruit. Anyway, the mural is beautiful and the rest of this post I also find interesting

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like the sculptures, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want some muah chee too. Miss the chewy goodness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muah chee was my late uncle's favorite snack. The war memorial reminds me of Tugu Negara.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting place to visit. The war memorial pictures are great. Have a happy week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Have a happy day and week.

      Delete
  12. Wowwwww!!! Such beauties, the durians. They look big!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The muah chee looks very appetizing!
    I'm impressed by the exhibits in the Memorial Park! They say the japanese weren't less cruel than the germans during the war, yet they didn't apologize or paid compensations for their deeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of many terrible real life stories of suffering at the hands of the Japs.

      Delete
  14. Niezwykły pomnik , piękny mural . Udanego tygodnia:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a fabulous mural, and the sculptures are out of this world. Nicely captured, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It would be wonderful if war were a thing of the past, but I don't see that happening.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. War is something we all can do without. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  17. That much cheese looks good though I don't know what it is. I love that statue of the truck. MUA CHEE NOT MUCH CHEESE! LOL. Gigi hawaii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gigi. Muah chee is steamed glutinous rice paste and rolled in crushed peanuts and sugar.

      Delete
  18. Looks like it was a nice visit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The inscriptions are all in Chinese... I wouldn't be able to figure out what they were for.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...