Saturday 11 June 2022

Chee Cheong Fun & Pan Mee For Breakfast

We were away for a 2 days and 1 night trip in Penang. I will need some time to sort out the photos, so today I will do a simple post about one of our breakfast that we had in one of the nearby coffee shops.

Hubby ordered the above plate of rolled steamed rice flour noodle (chee cheong fun) with yam bean strips filling. He asked for curry gravy with sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds and crispy shallots.
Add on a few pieces of fried stuff (aka liew to us), consisting of fried fish cakes, fried bean curd sheets and stuffed bean curd sheet with yam bean or "sar kok fu pei".
Hubby's breakfast and I helped to eat some of the fried stuff.
I ordered handmade pan mee in soup. A friend paid for this noodle and before he left, he came to inform us. Thanks to him for the free bowl of noodle.
~~~~~
One one of our morning walks, I saw this cat climbing up the fence in a slow motion.
When I stopped and pointed my hand phone camera at the cat, it stopped and stayed motionless for some time just watching me.
Then it slowly made its way to the top of the concrete pillar and crouched there with its face turned away from me. After this shot, we continued on with our walk.


If you do what is right, will you not be accepted?
But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door;
it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.
(Genesis 4:7, New International Version-NIV)

48 comments:

  1. The cat actually stopped to pose for you! He looks quite plump, he must be well taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nancy for this quick post although you are busy sorting out the Penang photos. Despite being only Chee Cheong Fun and Pan Mee For Breakfast, I believe these two noodles with the liew ingredients would be very satisfying. I would like to buy the sar kok fu pei if I see it being sold here. your friend must have enjoyed giving you a surprise treat for the noodles. Do you know whether the cat is someone's free roaming pet or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too like the sar kok fu pei but only a few stalls are selling good ones.

      Delete
  3. The orange kitty looks so cute. I love chee cheong fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kitty! our breakfast is always so diferent to ours! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Nancy,
    Cute photos of the kitty. It was nice to stop and pose for your camera.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Enjoy your new week.

      Delete
  6. ...cats love to perch themselves up high!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An escape cat!! Haha. So cute, it stopped for you to take shot.

    Nice breakfast. Unfortunately we couldn't find this type of breakfast over here. CCF, of course we have. But not the yam filling and the fried stuff. Must have it when fly to West Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember to try this when you are in W. Malaysia.

      Delete
  8. What a large cat! And your meals look tasty. I'm glad you photograph them to share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, I am always struck by the variety of ingredients that are in the dishes you consume daily. This is very good because of the variety of nutrients that you incorporate into your body.
    I wanted to know about
    Penang and I see that it is a very beautiful city that you will surely show us in future posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a chance you should visit Penang. It is a beautiful place with the old and new combined. You can enjoy different variety of food.

      Delete
  10. Very interesting breakfast Nancy. It looks tasty.


    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's one fat cat! Lovely thick fur! I enjoy chee cheong fun but not into pan mee. Only one CCF stall here, pan mee quite a lot all over town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ccf here is quite good but I won't be ordering the pan mee again because it was not good.

      Delete
  12. Please send me some delicious breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a good breakfast.

    The cat probably just wanted to be sure you were not going to come any closer. Some are afraid of strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love your hearty breakfasts. The typical German always has something sweet, which I´m no fan of.
    Oh, the cat, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, I too prefer something savoury for breakfast.

      Delete
  15. Nice fluffy cat.

    Oh liew is so easily available in Ipoh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Concerning liew, we have lots of choices.

      Delete
  16. I've never seen a cat in slow motion before; they normally leap rather than climb. I hope you enjoy your dish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There are animals that like being photographed which is cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one is a bit cautious of me.

      Delete
  18. Tus reportajes siempre son interesantes. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...