Wednesday 16 November 2022

Chili Plants Brought By Birds To My Garden

One day while weeding my garden, I saw 2 seedlings growing in the ground in between 2 pots. The leaves look like chili plants. If they are chili plants, then the birds must have brought them into my garden. I transferred these 2 plants into pots.

I was waiting to see if they are really chili plants. They took a long time to flower and fruit.
After they had grown to more than 3 feet plus, only then tiny flowers started to appear.
Actually, unknown to me, there was already a big chili (first fruit) on one of the plants which was blocked from my view by some leaves. I only saw it when I was doing some weeding near it and happened to look up in its direction.
Other chilies started to appear on the plants.
After seeing all these chilies, I am glad I didn't treat the seedlings as weed.
The 2 chili plants were full of chilies and I have to give most of them away to friends who came to visit me.
We kept back some for our own consumption.
These were harvested when the chilies were starting to ripen. When they are ripe, the colour changed from light green to deep orange. I hope the plants will not be badly affected by the excess water during this rainy season.


Lord, you know the hopes of humble people.
Surely you will hear their cries
and comfort their hearts by helping them.
(Psalm 10:17, The Living Bible-TLB)

42 comments:

  1. always beautiful photos in your garden Nancy...very happy to know the chilies were starting to ripen. It make me imagine that i can use them for making sambal ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing that the chili plant flourished and blessed you with so many chilies! I have not been successful with chili plant because the flower buds tend to drop off before they could even bloom. So I have given up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were to grow chili plants from seed, it won't be successful. But if brought by birds, usually they are successful. Don't know why.

      Delete
  3. Wow. So nice to get so many chillies!!! I wish I have birds dropping some plant seeds in my garden!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God sent! We had that happening in our garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice gesture from your birds!
    Here they just pee and poop on cars and pavements ;-)
    Wow, really wonderful your outcome! To even share :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birds here also pee and poop, and even eat my figs too. But once in a long while they will bless me with some chili plants.

      Delete
  6. The chili looks so cute. I wonder if it is even hot to taste

    ReplyDelete
  7. So productive, so many chillies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. The plants are fruiting less now.

      Delete
  8. So many chillies in two plants....are those chillies very hot?

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...I love seeing your garden, I'm looking out at fresh snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. We don't have snow but plenty of rain now.

      Delete
  10. the pickles of these peppers are delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing that this bounty was due to the birds. Those chilis look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. You've a wonderful green thumb. I love all chilies.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uwielbiam te papryczki. Super, że ich nie wyrzucilaś jak chwasty. Miłego tygodnia😊🌶

    ReplyDelete
  14. How hot are they? I have grown Habanero this year which I only handle with gloves!! You have a lot of chilies on those plants well done. Cheers Dine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. The chilies are not very hot,

      Delete
  15. Linda plata , Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Nancy. The birds bring you blessings cos I heard it is quite difficult to grow chili plants. Will you be moving the pots of chili plants under your porch to save them from heavy rain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. No, because the pots are too big to be moved.

      Delete
    2. Can put a big umbrella over them during very heavy rain then.

      Delete
    3. I don't think it will be practical.

      Delete
  17. Las veo muy bien. Seguro que son picantes. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a happy occurrence, to have the birds bring you something to grow in your garden that you can use.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...