Monday 21 November 2022

Dinner At Restoran J.J. Fatt, Lawan Kuda, Gopeng

This was 2 Saturdays ago. It was grey and gloomy. We were at a coffee shop waiting to be seated. While our hubbies waited, my friend and I decided to take a short walk through this gate that was opened.

This is a walkway to the Palo 101 where some eateries are located.
As we walked through the gate we saw banana trees on both sides of the gate. We saw this pretty flower that looks like a banana flower. 
Banana flowers usually hang downwards but these flowers point upwards. The leaves looks like banana leaves.
~~~~~
Thank evening, we drove to Gopeng for dinner at Restoran J.J. Fatt, Lawan Kuda.
Deep fried pork belly slices with deep fried garlic. Very tasty.
We ordered 1 snakehead fish.
The bony parts of the fish for cooking soup with wine and Chinese herbs.
The meaty part of the fish for cooking with ginger slices and spring onion.
Baby tender Chinese kai lan with garlic and salted fish.
The restaurant grow their own vegetables.
~~~~~
The photos of the following murals were taken in Batu Gajah.
Drawn on brickwall.
Tin mining dredge.
Saw this on the side wall of a hotel,
The ruins of the unfinished castle, Batu Gajah.
It is a parking lot and I have to find a suitable angle to take this photo. 
Clock tower in Batu Gajah town.

Linking to Monday Mural.

For whenever I am,
though far away at the ends of the earth,
I will cry to you for help.
When my heart is faint and overwhelmed,
lead me to the mighty, towering Rock of safety.
(Psalm 61:2, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. Interesting looking dishes, not quite like what we would usually see here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, STP. Every place has its own style of cooking.

      Delete
  2. The flower of the banana plant looks interesting. Have a great day!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower is so beautiful and unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a delicious and moreish dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flower! And great murals, too.
    Sami sure makes people hunt murals and sneak into positions to get a good shot :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris. I have been collecting murals but Sami makes me work harder in collecting murals. Lol!

      Delete
  6. I have seen banana tree flower like that at Taman Botani where I go for morning walk with my partner on Sunday mornings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if these banana tree will bear bananas....

      Delete
  7. That is one beautiful banana flower. Usually I only see a red flower, hanging down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is my first time seeing this flower.

      Delete
  8. What a nice places, thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful and unique flower. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great relationship. Beautiful photos. Thanks for your inspiring post! Greetings from Poland :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Nancy. Your dinner looks delicious so I would gladly eat a few spoonfuls from each dish without any rice. Is that unfinished castle, Kelly castle? I read that it is haunted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is Kelly castle. Haunted or not, I don't know but I wouldn't want to spend a night there. Lol!

      Delete
  12. That's interesting, and I have never seen a banana flower bloom upward, and this should be a variety in the banana family, I think. Beautiful artwork on the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never seen a banana flower before. The murals are beautiful. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lovely town. I like that banana flower, Unusual. Wonder if the fruit will taste good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gigi. I don't see any fruit there.

      Delete
  15. I love belly of pork and those murals are amazing. Keep safe, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the food. Oh the food. Delicious.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. The banana flowers are so pretty and the deep fried pork looks delicious!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amén. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The bony part of the fish, They gave you the bony part of the fish and you had to pay for that? I can see the meat but bones?

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We paid for the whole fish to be cook into 2 dishes.

      Delete
  20. That's a pretty flower, no matter what kind it is.

    I really like the painting of the castle ruins.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That must be a relative of the banana plant.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...