Wednesday 6 January 2016

Kea Garden at Cameron Highlands.

Today we continue on our one day trip to Cameron Highlands. If you have missed the earlier posting, and are interested, you can check out the posts by clicking here and here.

We were driving uphill and halfway up we encountered heavy traffic and the cars were moving quite slowly. Our car windows were down and when we were nearing the Kea Garden, I sniffed overheated/burning smell coming from our car.

It so happened there was a eatery there, and the driver parked the car, opened the hood and there was a strong overheated smell. Hubby called up our mechanic and was advised to allow the engine to cool down first before continuing our journey back. We have no choice but to sit and wait.
My friend and I took a short walk up to the Kea Garden to look for a proper washroom. Took this shot from the back of the Kea Garden.
We were glad we walked here. We got to see this garden and enjoyed all the beautiful flowers. We intended to cut short our trip and decided to use the old road back to Tapah with less traffic. 
Cacti (left) and flowering plants (right)
Vertical garden.
Feasting our eyes and cameras on the beautiful flowers.
Petunias.
Multi coloured flowers of many varieties.
African Daisies.
What a breathtaking sight!
Not easy to grow these in the lowland.
Vertical garden to save space.
Kea Garden.
Just look at the petunias!
Gorgeous and striking colours.
I also have these colours in my garden. They are gifts from a friend.
If only these plants were in my garden....just wishing....
I love, love, love the blooms.
Hope to make another trip to Cameron Highland in the near future. Lol!
Bye-bye Kea Garden. We will be back!
These stalls are popular with tourists.
Time to start our drive using the old road to Tapah.

If we are living now by the Holy Spirit's power,
let us follow the Holy Spirit's leading in every part of our lives.
Then we won't need to look for honors and popularity,
which lead to jealousy and hard feelings.
(Galatians 5:25-26, TLB)

40 comments:

  1. The flowers heavenly beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didnt visit Kea Garden but another garden. Those flowers in CH were all so beautiful and colourful. Must be the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I go to CH, I will be so tempted to buy some back after seeing the flowers. But now I know better, the lowland weather is too hot for most of them.

      Delete
  3. I loved walking through the lush gardens of Cameron Highlands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to do that too. Can never have enough of the gardens.

      Delete
  4. Good that you able to go for a one day trip... I go, will have to go few days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, we are looking forward to your visit.

      Delete
  5. Wow, Nancy! This Kea Garden is full of beautiful blooms! I would love to go there someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. Flowers are the main attraction of Cameron Highlands.

      Delete
  6. Luckily you have a sharp nose and sniffed out the danger of the car engine overheating. The flowers in Kea Garden are so beautiful. I must remember to visit Kea Garden the next time I go to CH. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mun. Thank God I detected the smell or else our car will have to be towed all the way back. That would be troublesome.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful blooms, Nancy. I too wish that this was in my garden. I must visit this place one day to satisfy my curiosity. I'll try not to buy anything...because I think it won't survive, but you never know! No promises about not buying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. To be on the safer side, I bought cactus babies instead. At least chances of surviving is better. Lol!

      Delete
  8. Nancy, that garden is beautiful with so much colour an variety.
    Hope your car turned out alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret. Once cooled down, our car was safe to go and we all got home safely.

      Delete
  9. A lot of beautiful & colourful flowers in CH. I think I haven't been there during my last trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this place is quite new. I don't remember visiting here the last time I visited CH.

      Delete
  10. Belos arranjos florais.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Hugs and have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  11. Wow, such beautiful gardens and so well displayed. I hope your car was OK and didn't got damaged.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia. The car is okay now. Have a good day!

      Delete
  12. Nancy really nice garden Paradise of flowers

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope the car is okay. I hate having car problems.

    The gardens are beautiful. I would love to visit her and take in the beautiful sights and I'm sure the beautiful smells of all these flowers.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Thank God the car is okay. Have a fabulous day too!

      Delete
  14. What a stunning place to visit, such beautiful flowers, a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely breathtaking. I'm so glad you got there and captured it so I could see it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Crystal and I am happy to share them with you.

      Delete
  16. Wow Nancy! This is a plant lover paradise :D Wish that I can be there too :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Zoe. Yes, I would love to go back again.

      Delete
  17. Sigh... aren't those flowers just lovely. Did you buy any? :)

    Haha so stressful to have car problem in a place like Camerons! Knowing it would be taxing for the car to be going up/downhill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy, I didn't buy any flowers, just the cactus babies only. Thank God our car took us home safely.

      Delete
  18. Oh, wow, I hope your car is okay.

    Loved seeing the flowers/gardens. And that very first photo in this post is an amazing view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. The car was okay after the engine cooled down and we drove safely home.

      Delete
  19. I'm so immersed in spring seeing lovely flowers blooming everywhere here. Must be the nice weather in CH.
    Oh thank God that your car was ok and drove home safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I always admired those overseas parks and garden. So the only place I get to enjoy these lovely blooms is in CH.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...