Sunday 24 January 2016

Growing Double or Rose Impatiens In My Garden

A Blessed Sunday to you!

Today, I want to share something beautiful from my garden. Again, this is a gift and a blessing from my friend's garden. I already have the Single Petaled Impatiens given to me by my own sister many years ago. So, both the Single and Double Impatiens are from 2 beautiful souls that God has brought into my life. God is so good. He has blessed me with many beautiful people in my life. Even though we have our hiccups, we still love and appreciate one another. Relationship needs all parties involved to build up and to strengthen. Relationship is not only about receiving but it is also about giving. Relation is about sharing.
Scientific name is Impatiens Walleriana. Some of the common names are Double Impatiens, Garden Balsam, Sultana & Busy Lizzie, etc.
This whole pot of Double Impatiens was from my friend's garden.
The plants were very healthy when they were first brought home.
I placed the pot in a place where it was exposed to full sun. Plus, it was rainy season at that time.
After a few days, I noticed that the stems were rotting due to too much rain water.
 I moved the pot further under my side porch and control the watering.
The few remaining plants slowly recovered and started to grow back to health. 
 The above photo was taken in my friend's garden. Her impatiens are grown on the ground and they are so healthy and growing all over that patch of her garden.
 Now my double impatiens are growing very healthy and have started to bud and bloom.
 The double impatiens looks like a rose flower.
I have seen many colours but currently, I only have this light orange/pinkish purple ones.
I am slowly propagating the double impatiens through stem cuttings.
Impatiens are easily targeted by pests and there is need to check on the leaves especially the underside for signs of mealy pests, etc. and quickly pinched off the affected leaves before the other leaves are affected too.
I usually feed the plants with fertilizer once in 2 to 3 weeks.
Whenever I see this rose impatiens beauty, my heart will be overflowing with praise.

My heart is overflowing with a beautiful thought!
I will write a lovely poem to the King,
for I am as full of words as the speediest writer pouring out his story.
(Psalms 45:1, TLB)

46 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret. Have a blessed Sunday!

      Delete
  2. So so beautiful. My impatiens is growing but no flowers yet. Need patience I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, they are very beautiful. Oh yes, we have to have patience.

      Delete
  3. Hello Nancy, I love the impatiens. They are one of my favorite summer flowers. They are growing well. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. Have a happy Sunday and enjoy your week also.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, you are certainly doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Nancy!:) You found the right place for them, and they are now rewarding you with their beauty.They are lovely flowers. Have a great Sunday!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Breathtaking. You are right. They are now away from direct sun and they are happy. Have a great Sunday too!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. Have a nice and happy Sunday!

      Delete
  7. A blessed Sunday to you too! It really takes a lot of patience to grow this rose as you need to check for pests very often. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. The lovely flower is my reward.

      Delete
  8. We know impatiens here as well, in a variety of colours. You make me look forward to the Summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marleen. Over here everyday is summer to us.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful flowers & its lovely colour. At first glance, I thought it was balsam plant flower. Are these flowers very fragile?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irene. It looks like the balsam flower. Yes, the flowers are very fragile.

      Delete
  10. You have the most wonderful green thumb. You really do.

    Have a terrific day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sandee. It is not always I have success with the plants. Sometimes the plants do not make it.

      Delete
  11. I love Impatients and I've grown them right into the soil outdoors in the shade with great results. I usually start them from seeds but haven't planted any for quite some time because I ran out of space in my front garden since the perennials have taken over the garden.

    Have a nice day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia. I am sure that you have a very lovely garden with all the lovely perennials growing all over your garden.

      Delete
  12. Very pretty! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gunilla. Have a great week ahead too!

      Delete
  13. So pretty and beautiful roses.. I'm eagerly waiting for Spring to come, so that again my garden will bloom with flowers....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krishna. Spring time is a wonderful time with all the flowers blooming away.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thank you, William . Have a lovely week ahead!

      Delete
  15. it looks nice but it is very fragile and sensitive in cold climate which is in Poland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. It doesn't like too hot or too cold climate. Have a beautiful week!

      Delete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Agree, Nancy! Relationships are about sharing.
    Beautiful blooms, and Good Morning. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, healthy flowers..they are one of my favorites,too.
    I love how you intertwine your pretty flowers and plants with such beautiful words...relationships...family...friends...all so important for a happy life.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nancy, your Impatiens are lovely! I bought 3 pots some years ago but made the mistake of over watering. So they did not survive :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, That was my experience too. Many lovely plants died due to water watering.

      Delete
  20. My late mother adored impatience. I always get some to plant in memory of her!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, growing impatiens is a beautiful way remember your late mother.

      Delete
  21. Ohh these are just lovely, Nancy. I've never seen double-petalled ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. These double petaled ones are like small lovely roses!

      Delete
  22. Nancy, they are so pretty... I love seeing other people's gardens. I totally appreciate the beauty of them. I don't have a green thumb unfortunately xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Launna. I too admire other people's garden. Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...