Tuesday 26 January 2016

Wall Murals At Jalan C.M.Yusuff, Ipoh.

About 2 weeks ago, after an early breakfast in town, hubby drove home through another route which is the former Chamberlain Road, now renamed to Jalan C.M. Yusuff. It was a leisure drive because there was not much traffic on the road. We were looking at the large building project on the left side of the road and I spotted something of interest. I quickly requested hubby to stop by the road side and I got out of the car.
These wall paintings caught my eyes.
These were found along the wall next to the newly constructed large building.
The old Majestic Theatre which was built in the 1940's was closed down in 1998.
The old building was demolished and on its site stands this new building.
A painting of the newly constructed building.
A painting of the Majestic Theatre. That is our local town bus.
Once upon a time, the trishaws were in use.
Painting of the old Ipoh town.
Love these paintings.
These paintings help to refresh our memory of the former days of Ipoh.
Even the fashion wore were very different from our current ones.
Do you feel nostagic looking at these paintings?
Tin mining activities.
These paintings show the different methods of tin mining.
Ipoh is located in the rich tin-bearing valley of the Kinta River.
Few more shots to take before I go back to the car.
I met an elderly couple who were also interested in these wall paintings.
They approached me to help snap their photos - a very nice, loving couple. 
This high rise building project is known as "The Majestic".
Consists of 2 towers, 21 storey.
Another new attraction for Ipoh city.
A water fountain in the centre of the roundabout.
(I couldn't get a clear picture of the water fountain)
This bridge (Jambatan Sultan Iskandar) is found along the former Hugh Low Street, now renamed to Jalan Sultan Iskandar. It serves as a crossover between the new and the old town of Ipoh.

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word
and believes Him who sent me has eternal life and
will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
(John 5:24, NIV)

54 comments:

  1. What amazing paintings!!! I loved seeing this!
    I am in Texas and you are on the other side of the world - and yet art speaks universally! It is a small world after all!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. It is a small world indeed. Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. Yu have come acroos fantastic murals,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. These are great murals. Have a happy week!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful mural paintings. Getting pro in your shots. The fashion wore is called samfu, rite? Correct me if I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irene. Oh yes, I think you've got it right! I have forgotten what they were called.

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful wall murals, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Have a beautiful week!

      Delete
  5. Nancy, I like the wall murals. It tells a story an dis quite pleasing to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. The murals bring back the old memories of the old days of Ipoh.

      Delete
  6. Very interesting to see. You've captured it so well, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is interesting to spot and admire those wall murals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I am sure many people will enjoy these murals. Have a happy week!

      Delete
  8. Just amazing murals paintings, Nancy! I agree with you, these paintings help to refresh the memory of the former days of the city.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful slice of your history. I love these kinds of things and I would have stopped too. How lovely.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a lovely and fabulous week!

      Delete
  10. I love all the paintings, Nancy! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, those murals are just simply amazing and wonderful to see. They are so well done, just expect the people to move. I loved seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. The paintings brought the old Ipoh to life. Have a great day!

      Delete
  12. What a great way to preserve the sentiment of the old memories of the former Ipoh. Beautiful murals. I'm glad you got hubby to stop to share this treasure with us.
    Thanks, Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia. Thank God for a cooperating hubby. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  13. Very nostalgic indeed. Beautifully drawn too. Are the new buildings "The Majestic" residence or office units?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. The artist or artists did a great job. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  14. I really like these murals! They tell so many stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, EG. I like the murals and their stories too! Have a great day!

      Delete
  15. I'm rather fond of the trend with these wall murals that seem to be popping up all over the region.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like it too and these attracts a lot of visitors and tourists to Ipoh too.

      Delete
  16. Those murals look wonderful.
    The tall building look neat and clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret. Hope the building will continue to look neat and clean.

      Delete
  17. paintings are really amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are so cool! I wish those artists could come over and decorate America like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie. We are proud of these artists. Their paintings are really beautiful!

      Delete
  19. The murals really make a big improvement to the blank wall. Good that they named the building 'Majestic' after the theatre. Someone has a heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. At least the name remains. Have a lovely Wednesday!

      Delete
  20. Hi Nancy,
    As usual, I'm so impressed seeing all these beautiful mural paintings. Thanks for sharing these beautifully snapped shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are lovely paintings. I'm just like you, Nancy. I'll ask hubs to make a stop if I see something interesting too ..lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. Thank God for willing and cooperating hubby!

      Delete
  22. I LOVE those murals today. They are really well done and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks so real and i am afraid people may drive into it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thomas, fortunately the wall murals are away from the road.

      Delete
  24. Thanks for your valuable posting about Wall Murals it was very informative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, dear. Thank you for your visit.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...