Tuesday 5 January 2016

Visiting The Newly Opened AEON BIG in Falim.

After we have finished our golden girl's lunch at Restoran Kim Wah on the 23rd December 2015, we made a visit to the newly opened AEON BIG shopping mall. It was my first visit, also for some of us since its opening few days ago.
I was enjoying myself taking all these snapshots I found in AEON Big.
I thought these were actual paintings on the walls.
These paintings were reproduced on large banner canvas.
I have nothing to complain about because they look like the real thing.
 Typical coffee shop scenes.
Found this and all the above at the main entrance.
 The front round tables and stools are real ones.
 Lol! Real couple seated there, They were enjoying themselves. 
I love this one. Most of these paintings are found in Ipoh city.
 While I was busy taking snapshots, my golden friends went to look see.
Behind these canvases are stalls in the midst of construction.
We still have this buildings in certain parts of Ipoh, especially the Concubine Lane. 
This is a good one.
Most of the stalls are getting ready to start business before the Chinese New Year.
 Many like me were also taking photos.
 I caught up with my friends and continue with our look see around the place.
 We did get to buy some items with "special offer" price.
A herbal drinks stall on wheels.
By the time we finished our walkabout, we were thirsty and tired.
 We drove to the nearest food court at Taman Mas. My friends ordered some local dessert, some sweet, some savoury kueh. We requested the kueh to be cut into smaller pieces. We were not hungry but just want to sample.
 And we each ordered a bowl of cold desserts (ice kacang) to quench our thirst.
Even superheros & Star Wars characters looked forward to celebrate Christmas.

And she (Mary) will have a Son,
and you shall name him Jesus (meaning 'Savior'),
for he will save his people from their sins.
This will fulfill God's message through his prophets.
(Matthew 1:21-22, The Living Bible-TLB)

50 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love how the art murals blend in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I love all those murals reproduced on canvas! You managed to have some nice kueh and desserts too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  3. Nancy, u didn't take pictures with the murals wall painting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Sharon, I like to be the photographer, not comfortable being a model...hahaha.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful wall murals and I loved the look of the cold deserts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. Cold desserts just right for a hot sunny day.

      Delete
  5. Fantásticos estes belos murais.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. These mural are just fantastic.

      Delete
  6. Some of the murals paintings looks the same as in Penang. Nice kuih & dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irene. I hope to see those in Penang.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful shots of the walls and paintings! What great finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, EG. It was a great find for me and my camera!

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful collection Nancy...thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nancy, I enjoyed seeing the murals photos but I agree with Sharon in Singapore. It would be nice seeing your photo. You are also God's work of art and you are marvelously made.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia. Amen! I thank God for His beautiful workmanship in me. Sometimes I do post my photos but not very often. Maybe soon in the near future. Have a great day too!

      Delete
  10. a photographers dream...awesome images, loved them all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. I spent more time photographing than window shopping!

      Delete
  11. How fun and what a nice way to walk off a great lunch with your gal pals. I love all the artwork. Awesome.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to decorate a mall! I have seen some of these murals on my walkabout in Penang.

    The kuih looks so delicious, Nancy. Wish I could have a bite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. All these murals make the place more interesting. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  13. The murals are fantastic! I really enjoyed seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. delicious desserts! Those pictures on the canvases save us the time to travel to the actual mural to capture photos totally. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. As more and more stalls start to open, I wonder whether these murals will continue to be there.

      Delete
  15. Wow, they really did a great job reproducing those canvas scenes.

    The ice kacang looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kayni. Very refreshing and delicious ice kacang.

      Delete
  16. Definitely great Christmas decorations

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those murals are fantastic. What a great find! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful murals paintings, so real. After some strolling, great to relax and enjoy the local delights ^-^!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. It was a fun relaxing day for us, eat, stroll, eat..lol!

      Delete
  19. I love that there are real chairs and tables in front of the others...just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. It would be better to have people drinking coffee there too!

      Delete
  20. Very enjoyable exploring with you, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  21. very cool! I love all of these artworks :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did say the paintings were on banners but I can hardly believe it! The peeling and fungus look so real. Are they on permanent display?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy, I too couldn't believe it until I walked near and felt it with my fingers. Great photography! I think they are just there to covered up the empty shops.

      Delete
  23. Pictures like from another world - that's gorgeos!
    Happy New Year from Germany :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mascha. Happy new year to you too, from Malaysia!

      Delete
  24. so interesintg! mmost of these pictures seems familar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irvine. I was told you can find these murals in Penang.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...