Friday 26 April 2019

Home Cooked Stewed Vegetables & Grilled Eggplants.

Thank God for another new day to experience His goodness and love. Thank God for His compassion for they are new everyday.
 The beginning of a new day - 6:58 am.
Changing colours in the sky - 6:59 am.
 7:00 am
 The sun rising from behind the cloud - 7:30 am
 7:38 am
Multi-petals yellow hibiscus in my garden.
I found out from the internet that it is known as "Crown of Bohemia".
My hibiscus are doing well and blooming in the warm weather.
I bought these dark purple eggplants from a roadside stall at the park.
I wanted to try something new - grilled eggplants.
I sliced open the eggplants and stuffed them with pre-cooked minced meat and garlic. In future, I will used a spicy filling e.g. sambal dried shrimp to give it extra oomph.
I had carrot, pumpkin, fresh mushrooms, potatoes, and some long beans and chilies from my garden. I dumped everything into a pot to make stewed vegetables. Actually, I enjoyed the stewed vegetables so much that I ate most of it.
 To use up the 3 eggs in the fridge, I made onion and egg omelette. We managed to finish everything without eating any rice. 
My hibiscus are happily blooming in these bright sunny days.


Praise the Lord!
For all who fear God and trust in him are blessed beyond expression.
Yes, happy is the man who delights in doing his commands.
(Psalm 112:1, The Living Bible-TLB)

47 comments:

  1. I love vegetables :)
    Your hibiscus is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No rice meal? Once a while it is okay. I do that sometime.

    Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only have rice with certain dishes. Happy weekend too!

      Delete
  3. I'm loving your hibiscus. I can't find many varieties here in New Zealand. The food looks quite yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty. There are many varieties here but I only have a few in my garden.

      Delete
  4. I like your homecooked meal especially the mixed stewed vegetables. The lovely yellow hibiscus brighten up my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this psalm and those veggies look so tempting ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Nancy! Beautiful skies, I love the palm tree too. The flowers are lovely. Great photos. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...fabulous hibiscus, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hibiscus flowers are so beautiful Nancy. I can't wait for my many flowers in the yard. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. Hope you can share some of your garden flowers in your future post.

      Delete
  9. Sunrises are my favorite time of the day. It's always quiet here.

    I love all the veggies. When it's hot out veggies is all I need.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. No meal is complete without veggies. Happy weekend!

      Delete
  10. The sky looks so magical, the food looks very yummy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your vegetables stew. So colourful and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shots of your hibiscus! Love the sky too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Hibiscus is beyond gorgeous! It is like the sun is inside.

    ReplyDelete
  14. El hibisco, se ve precioso. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nancy I find potatoes relatively easy to grow, have you tried them in grow bags which are perfect for small gardens? When the plant dies off that is usually when you dig out the roots to find the potatoes. Try again,I am sure you will succeed. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane for the encouragement. I will keep on trying.

      Delete
  16. Beautiful sky shots and lovely floral macro shots! Yummy sounding food too!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Nancy,
    Your skies are always fantastic and your yellow hibiscus to die for! Wishing you sunny last weekend of may.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tim would like this food me not so much

    ReplyDelete
  19. That brinjal does look like a good idea! My maid has all these recipes with brinjal but they are all deep-fried. Must tell her about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful series on sunrise and pretty yellow hibiscus!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...