Saturday 27 April 2019

Watercress Soup & Taro With Dried Shrimp For Dinner

It was a Monday morning and we went for our morning walk.
 Took a snapshot of this lovely sunrise at 6:55 am.
After our walk, we drove to the Main Post Office to send a letter. My old car refused to start and we had to call the mechanic. Since we had to wait for him, we walked over to the stalls next to the clock tower for breakfast.
 Clock Tower in Ipoh old town.
This clock tower looks good after a face lift.
 The clock is working, so the time was 9:00 am.
The mechanic managed to get the car started for us to get home after which it was sent to the workshop. That evening, we had a simple home cooked dinner.
 Our favourite dish - Taro cooked with dried shrimp.
 Soup - watercress boiled with pork ribs, carrot and red dates.
This was our dinner without rice.
One of my 4 Betta or Siamese fighting fishes.
 Indian bread or Roti Canai with spicy sambal.
This was our supper at our regular coffeeshop that evening after an early dinner.
 Gold fishes and water feature at an old folks nursing home.
 This inspired me to restart our gold fish project.
 I started out with 3 small gold fishes and now there are 5 in this mini pond.
Once they get accustomed to their new home, they will come to the water surface with their mouth open wide whenever I go near. Gold fishes have good appetite.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

Haven't you yet learned that your body is the home
of the Holy Spirit God gave you, and that he lives within you?
Your own body does not belong to you.
(1 Corinthians 6:19, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. I love to eat taro. the taro is enough to replace rice so no need to eat rice. Gold fishes are not as hardy as guppies and need more care so we never have any. They look so pretty in your pond, you must be taking very good care of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone advised me not to overfeed the gold fishes so I am following that advice.

      Delete
  2. I would love to try Taro but I have never seen it in this part of the world. The clock tower looks fantastic. Have a good weekend, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...what a fabulous tower, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, pretty sky capture. I love the clock tower, it is beautiful. Wonderful photo of the fish pond and fish. Thanks for sharing your post with my critter party. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thanks for leaving me a comment too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Happy new week.

      Delete
  5. I really like those little goldfish! Cute fat-fat type.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaay, those fish are so cute to look at! ◡‿◡✿

    Blog de la Licorne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Los pececitos son preciosos. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have my sympathy on the car not working. It looks like the day mostly turned out well any way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. The wiring needed some attention.

      Delete
  9. I really like those paintings on the clock tower! I thought you had a plant for your fighting fish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. Used to have but some of the plants don't do well indoor.

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful clock tower. Not easy to raise gold fishes, you must have taken good care of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. Actually not much care, just don't be tempted to overfeed the fishes.

      Delete
  11. Very creative photography and great food shots too.

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the clock tower looks so pretty
    Thanks for share so cute photos darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy food and beautiful building! Good luck with your new fish pets!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so intrepid and a great blogger. Car won't start, have breakfast and take some photos!!

    I hope you had a great weekend. Back to work for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yogi. Just have to make to most of every opportunity. Happy new week and happy working!

      Delete
  15. aiyo... the beta so cute? what's his name? Mine is called black beauty. His body is black and the tail is red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't given names to these Beta fishes yet. The one I showed here has black body and the rest is red. This one likes to spread out its fins and tail to show its beauty.

      Delete
  16. Lovely water feature and gold fish pool! The clock tower looks elegant and nice tile work.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...