Wednesday 3 April 2019

Home Grown Veggie & Left Over Duck With Yam For Dinner.

Lately, we are getting more rain and the weather is much cooler. The air conditioners can take a rest as it is enough to rely on the fan for us to sleep comfortably at night.
Sunrise at 7:00 am.
Morning sky at 10:45 am
*     *     *     *     *
I had a very relaxed day and I took out my patchwork project which has been neglected for a long time. I collected all the bits and pieces of left over cloth, cut and sewed them together to make blankets for my family.
*     *     *     *     *
For dinner, I had some left over chicken with yam from the previous day's dinner. So I only need to add a plate of veggie.
I blanched broccoli which I bought from the supermarket, some okra and long beans from my own garden. Served the veggie with garlic oil and light soy sauce.
Reheated chicken stewed with taro or yam.
Yellow and green croton plants when placed in semi shade.
The leaves turned more yellow when exposed to more sunlight.
One of my Begonia plants.
Found this fluffy feather on an eggplant leaf.


Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
(Psalm 91:1-4, New International Version-NIV)

44 comments:

  1. I want to see the blanket you made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. No nice pattern to show because its just patching whatever pieces of remnants together. But it makes a comfortable blanket for me.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful sunrise :) your plants are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to the day when I can eat homegrown veggies again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homegrown veggies are fresher and tastier.

      Delete
  4. Great photos! The first shot is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful crotons . Hahaha... i cannot plant begonia. THey always go to plant heaven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Small Kucing. Some of my begonia also went to plant heaven. Lol!

      Delete
  6. I love this psalm, read it quite often ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recently tend to rain more because it is near the qing ming (tomb sweeping) period

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...crotons are a favorite group of plants, they come in so many colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mum loves croton plants and I remember that the colors are loud and gaudy LOL! But they are quite hardy and decorative. Now I remember, it is called as "pokok puding" back in Terengganu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby bought some croton plants to brighten up the garden but only the common ones are hardy, the rest said bye bye and gone!

      Delete
  10. Hello, we are having some rain too. Pretty skies. I love the plants. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any photos of your patch work project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no nice design because I just patch what I can get from odds and ends. But I like to use it as blanket.

      Delete
  12. Good to have more rain lately. Such cooling effect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a wonderful green thumb.

    Your dinner looks fabulous.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I finally got into your blog. When I linked into you today, Google+ was there not you Nancy but I eventually found you. Nice yellow flowers just like my Camero. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you found my blog. So nice to have you back. Thank you and have a great day.

      Delete
  15. Begonias! That's a word i've always liked, and a plant i think is pretty, too.

    Enjoy the rain and cooler air!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The yellow green crotons are pretty an eye treat and beautiful sky shots! Happy cool days

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad you linked up at My Corner of the World!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That plant looks so different. I like the first one with green atop yellow, but guess would have to keep moving the plant to get the same effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sunlight plays a big part in how the colours of the leaves of some plants.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...