Wednesday 17 April 2019

Chicken Soup & Salad For Dinner On A Warm Evening.

This morning I went to the post office to post a letter. It was a bright, sunny morning. It was still early as you can see the vacant parking places.
This is our main post office, near the Ipoh Railway Station.
Buttercup flower from my garden.
These flowers brighten up my garden.
Red and purple periwinkles also add colours to my garden.
These were harvested from my garden.
Midday sky with white floating clouds at 12:45 pm.
Blue sky and white clouds in the afternoon at 4:25 pm.
I have decided to cook chicken soup and make a simple salad for dinner.
I steamed the 2 eggplants and 1 lady finger that I harvested from my garden and added them to this lettuce and tomato salad.
Simple salad with Kewpie Toasted Sesame dressing.
Chicken soup
(free range chicken, ginkgo nuts, shallots and crushed peppercorn)
Dinner without rice for 2 people.

Linking to Wordless Wednesday & My Corner of the World.

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but not crushed and broken.
We are perplexed because we don't know why things happen as they do,
but we don't give up and quit.
(2 Corinthians 4:8, The Living Bible-TLB)

37 comments:

  1. Wow, all your lady fingers are so very long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yes, just 2 to 3 will be enough for both of us.

      Delete
  2. ...we had homemade chicken and brown rice soup last night, jum. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea! I never thought of putting ladies fingers and eggplant in a salad hee..hee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Convenient way to use up whatever I have instead of keeping them in the fridge.

      Delete
  4. Your home cooked meals look so good, and so do your flowers and the foods you grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the flowers are beautiful and your dinner is lovely. Soup and salad is a good choice on a warm evening. Sometimes we just do the salad when it's hot. It's good to use from your garden too. Always so much better.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. I don't mind having just the salad but hubby needs something more solid. Lol!

      Delete
  6. Your sky shots are stunning.

    That Mrs. Sharon/ Purva Pius spammer can't take a hint and drop dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William. I have deleted her comments.

      Delete
  7. Lovely photos of the blue sky and beautiful flowers - I've always wanted red periwinkles - I have purple and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. These periwinkles come in many colours.

      Delete
  8. Such pretty greens and a blue sky too - Yum on the food today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have small lady fingers in Turkey; yours are very long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have both the short and long. Long is not very common.

      Delete
  10. Oh dear! you have a great green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Salad look so good. I love picking veggies from my garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want that chicken soup, lovely flowers to brighten up your day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You little garden is amazing what it produces. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. La comida me encanta. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What pretty flowers! It's so nice to harvest your own veggies--my Hubby grows quite a lot of ours. Your salad looks so scrumptious, too. I’m so glad you joined me at My Corner of the World this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty for hosting. Happy weekend!

      Delete
  16. Kewpie sesame dressing is my go-to one too! Can't go wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...