Wednesday 31 March 2021

BBQ Pork (Char Siew), Meat & Fish Balls & Blanched Beansprout

The day started with a lovely pink sky. It has been quite a while since the last time we have friends over for home cooked dinner. I sent my friend a text message asking her whether she had any plan for that evening. The answer was a "no". So I invited her over for a simple home cooked dinner and she accepted the invitation.

Morning pink sky at 7:04am
~~~~~
Home cooked dinner with friends.
Melt-in-the-mouth bbq pork.
My own version of pan cooked bbq pork (char siew).
Fried minced pork + fish paste balls.
Crunchy blanched beansprouts, drizzled with garlic oil, oyster and soy sauce.
My friend contributed this home cooked fried wonton noodle with Chinese sausage and veggie.
She also contributed this fried cereal chicken.
It is good to catch up with our friends over a home cooked meal.
~~~~~
From my garden.
The first time I planted carrots, I managed to harvest some small stunted carrots. Hopefully, this 2nd round, I have better harvest.
This pot of Brazilian spinach has grown lush and healthy and is ready for harvest soon.


Yes, the gladness you have given me is far greater than
their joys at harvest time as they gaze at their bountiful crops.
I will lie down in peace and sleep, for though I am alone,
O Lord, you will keep me safe.
(Psalm 4:7-8, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. nice dishes! the short and plump beansprouts look crunchy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food looks yum! The spinach looks lush! Wish I could grow vegetables one day!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delicious and comforting homemade meal! A shared meal with good friends is pure happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this at Claire's post. She says she ate at cafe 136 or was it cafe 163, your house number? Tasty food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Lol! Its referred to Cafe 130.

      Delete
  5. Melt in mouth pork barbecue sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sky shot is gorgeous and all the food looks delicious. You sure do have a green thumb in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...I planted my carrots, but it will be awhile before I harvest them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, yum, yum Nancy. All of the dishes look tasty and yummy. I wish I was there to eat there.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the food, oh the food. Looks amazing.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear friend! Sky shot is amazing! Foods pictures are great! They look hearty and tasty. Happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The food looks tasty. I will be glad when we can have friends around for a meal again. It has been so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The situation is more relaxed now. Hope it continues to improve.

      Delete
  12. i am looking forward to having company again ...some few weeks after we get our second vaccine by the middle of April. I can hardly remember when we last did that ))). Your dinner looks wonderful. Y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sallie. Hope you get to meet up with family and friends soon.

      Delete
  13. Pink skies are lovely.

    Your spinach looks so good, i hope your carrots do just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pink in that sky really is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing sky! The pink is glorious! And the meal, my mouth is watering. Your carrot looks like mine did last summer. They did not grow as big as I expected, but they were sweeter than expected. And your spinach looks incredible! Thanks for visiting! Have a marvellously happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely pink sky! It is so nice to have friends over for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some of your dishes look too pretty to eat!

    Thank you for being a part of 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All those home-cooked dishes are definitely very yummy-looking. Bonding over food is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...