Thursday 4 March 2021

Glutinous Rice Dumplings, Sichuan Salted Veggie Soup & Sauteed Chinese Kai Lan

We started out on our morning walk about 6:30am and we are grateful for the street lights that lighted up our streets.

Every time we passed a street light, we get to see our shadows.
These people were preparing to set up their stalls for the morning market - 6:50am.
~~~~~
Breakfast at home.
Hubby bought 4 glutinous rice dumplings from the Friday evening market (pasar malam). 2 were given to our neighbour and I re-steamed the remaining 2 for our breakfast.
When I opened the wrappings, one was with dark sauce and one was white (without the dark sauce). Both taste good to us.
Our breakfast with hot milo for hubby and Nescafe for me.
~~~~~
Simple home cooked dinner without steamed rice.
I boiled soup with Sichuan salted vegetable, pork rib, carrot and tomatoes. I boiled a big pot and shared the soup with our friend and neighbour. Both our friend and neighbour are working and they do not cook.
Chinese kai lan sauteed with ginger slices and minced pork and before I off the fire, I added in some Chinese cooking wine.
The weather was hot. We were feeling really hungry, so we didn't want any rice.

Dear friends, never avenge yourselves.

Leave that to God, for he has said that he will replay those who deserve it.

Don't take the law into your own hands.

Instead, feed your enemy if he is hungry.

If he is thirsty give him something to drink and

you will be "heaping coals of fire on his head."

In other words, he will feel ashamed of himself for what he has done to you.

Don't let evil get the upper hand, but conquer evil by doing good.

(Romans 12:19-21, The Living Bible-TLB)

50 comments:

  1. They're definitely there before dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love glutinous rice dumplings and haven't had them in years. You have me crave some now. That home cooked dinner looks really great, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. Hope you get to enjoy some glutinous rice dumplings soon.

      Delete
  3. You are really early risers! I would not like to walk in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have hubby walking with me, I wouldn't dark if I am alone.

      Delete
  4. I miss eating chung. Ah, I guess the dumpling season will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love chung and I am glad that chung is easily available here.

      Delete
  5. Such fun playing with the shadows. The dumplings look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been a while since I cook Sichuan soup.

    It rains today. Almost whoke day. Such a relief after many days of warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had heavy rain one day and another not so heavy but it helped to bring down the temperature.

      Delete
  7. weather getting hot these days...Hoping it to rain again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope it rains again soon. There is sign of haze in the air.

      Delete
  8. Those food portions look delicious! Here in Finland is winter. We have lots of snow but the weather is not so cold anymore (about -10°C to -15°C).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are hoping for some rain to cool down the heat.

      Delete
  9. Waving hello to your shadows :) Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is another blogger that walks every day...inwish I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking is the only exercise that I can get my hubby to join me. Lol!

      Delete
  11. ...and they are wrapped as little gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My wife & daughter walk everyday from our home to town and back. Me, I'm still asleep when you are walking. I guess I'm lazy Nancy. Have a great day my friend.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some mornings I feel lazy too but walking is the only exercise I do these days.

      Delete
  13. Comidas interesantes. Besos Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The wonderful lady that does my nails and toes every other week makes these dumplings for my husband. He loves them so. She's a jewel.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is a jewel. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  15. Love your shadows! Your breakfast looks so yummy. As did your supper. Thanks for showing us a photo of the market setting up! It looks almost exactly the same here. Have a marvellously happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The bak chang looks good. Do they have salted egg yolk in them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is salted egg yolk in the bak chang.

      Delete
  17. Interesting way to cook your veggies, with ginger, pork and wine. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is only with Chinese kai lan that I add in the cooking wine.

      Delete
  18. Anything with ginger in it has a thumbs up from me. Hope all is well, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. I used to go for an early morning walk but sadly no more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will continue to walk when it is still possible.

      Delete
  20. Glutinous rice dumplings look the same as our jaggery Pongal and I wish I could taste it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rice dumplings sound good, if they have vegetables in them i would enjoy trying one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the rice dumplings, there is no vegetable in them unless you go for the vegetarian dumplings with no meat.

      Delete
  22. Replies
    1. Hahaha...I get to enjoy chung in and out of season. Nice and cheap from one of the pasar malam stall.

      Delete
  23. Sichuan vegetable soup is one of my favourite soups. What did you have for lunch? Weather turning warm and hot recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. We are fasting until Easter, so we are not having breakfast and lunch.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...