Tuesday 9 March 2021

Smoked Duck, Fried Fish, Long Beans & Rice Porridge For Dinner

We woke up early on a Saturday morning but we waited till 6:20am before we set out for our early morning walk. 

The moon was still bright at 6:20am.
 The small light is the street light.
At that hour many people were still asleep.
~~~~~
I have to be diligent in home cooking because I need to clear the frozen foodstuff from the freezer. So for dinner, I took out the piece of smoked duck and some pre-cooked fishes which we, the local called "suk yue". Both were given by 2 different friends.
I warmed up the smoked duck by steaming and slice it into slices.
I deep fried the "suk yue" and served with cut lime. I will squeeze the lime juice over the fishes before we start dinner.
Steamed home grown long beans and served with sambal dried prawns.
The above dishes are best eaten with plain rice porridge.
Red bougainvillea with white stigma from my garden.
We were at a hardware shop and I noticed this old wooden stool. It has been reinforced with addition pieces of wood. This gave me an idea to save one of my shaky wooden stool which I used for gardening purposes.


 To win the contest you must deny yourselves many things
that would keep you from doing your best.
An athlete goes to all this trouble
just to win a blue ribbon or a silver cup,
but we do it for a heavenly reward that never disappears.
So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step.
I fight to win. I'm not just shadow-boxing or playing around.
(1 Corinthians 9:25-26, The Living Bible-TLB)

45 comments:

  1. I love that old stool...and those flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of suk yue before. I so noob. The duck breast looks so very good. That looks like a lot of food. Can finish all during the dinner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fish is precooked by boiling or steaming and you can find this fish especially in Teochew porridge shop.

      Delete
  3. I love duck now but when I was young and my dad hunted duck I hated getting gun pellets in my mouth. Today I loved the duck we would get in the Chinese Restaurant Have a great Tuesday Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I too wouldn't want the gun pellets in my mouth. In fact I prefer ducks more than chickens.

      Delete
  4. Always delicious your place! I like the old stool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Nancy, that stool looks like it has had a hard life. Thanks for stopping by, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. That stool looks so rudimentary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A simple worn out stool that is still being used by its owner.

      Delete
  7. Flowers are Wonderful:) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red bougainvillea looks brilliant in colors! Nice home cooked

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous flowers! And that stool is fabulous! Now I am sorry that I tossed an old one out last summer! Can I come over for supper? You are one great cook! Have a marvellously happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing better than being up and out to see the sunrise. Best time of the day.

    I love your food. Yummy.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Its worth getting up for the sunrises.

      Delete
  11. That's a MOUTHWATERING meal, Nancy. I want some smoked duck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Genial el taburete. Los platos estupendos y las fotos maravillosas. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. after seeing all your delicious food- I am very hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So early! Good that both of you can wake up so early and do some morning exercise to start off the day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy, the meal looks delicious particularly the duck. Loved the old stool, it certainly had character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. It is a really seasoned old stool.

      Delete
  16. Thank you, Sue. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That old wooden stool has carried many a burden. The flowers and the moon are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 'Suk yee' is like salted fish but less salty? This is something I only saw a few years ago, never came across when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a bit salty. Nice to go with porridge or white rice.

      Delete
  19. The smoked duck looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a wonderful menu you have here! I just realized I haven't eaten smoked duck for a long time! Yuum!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...