Saturday 13 March 2021

Dinner At Fu Lim Restaurant, Ipoh

We have been talking and asking for venue suggestions for dinner on the 1st Friday of March from our group. We finally decided on Fu Lim Restaurant, Menglembu because one of our group members has not been there before. We booked a table for 6 people for 6:30pm to avoid the dinner crowd. We ordered the following dishes.

Stir fried baby Chinese kai lan.
Fried tofu with minced pork topping.
Assam prawns, fish slices and squid, very appetizing dish.
Deep fried chicken marinated with prawn sauce.
Total cost of dinner = RM112.89 (incl. rice and drink). After dinner, we drove over to Aeon Big Falim. After having bought fruits and a few things from supermarket, we stop at Sun Yin Loong White Coffee to ice-cream.
We ordered 3 Affogato ice-cream (with black coffee) for 3 couples to share. The photo showing the coffee poured over the ice cream turn out blurr, so I have to discard it.
Orange Firecracker flowers from my garden.
~~~~~
All photos credited to Joshua.
Today, I am sharing another aquarium fish from a friend.
Blue King Tetra (Cochu's Blue).
These are some of the smaller varieties of tetra fish. For the best result and for beautiful aquarium scenery, they do best on a planted aquarium.
This blue coloured fish is small in size and is one of the best choices for a schooling fish for a planted tank. A densely planted tank with a lot of hiding places will help to bring out its colour to the fullest. It is usually streamlined in shape and it can grow lengthwise up to 1.6 inches.


You are my hiding place from every storm of life;
you even keep me from getting into trouble!
You surround me with songs of victory.
(Psalm 32:7, The Living Bible-TLB)

62 comments:

  1. Nice to dine out with friends and check out new places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We try to keep our dine out with friends at least once a week. It is also a day off for me, no cooking in the kitchen.

      Delete
  2. Nice place and yummy food :) Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fantastic meal! The crisp chicken looks absolutely mouthwatering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice Orange firecracker flowers :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food looks delicious and the dessert I love ice cream. It's great to meet your friends while eating well. Have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss having dai chow dishes. I have never tried affogato before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I have tried affogato twice and I like it.

      Delete
  7. Hello Nancy,
    Your meal looks delicious, I would love the fish, prawns and chicken. Your orange firecracker flowers are beautiful. I like the cute fish in the aquarium. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post! Take care, have a happy weekend! PS, thank you for the comment on my post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colour of your orange flower is so sweet, soft pastel colour. Food looks good. Fellowship must be even better since so long never meet up. Trust is strong to chit chat and laugh together at the same table. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meeting up for meals these days can be troublesome especially having to remember the sops.

      Delete
  9. Everything looks delicious, Nancy. You do eat well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks delicious. I love your beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to go out with friends...the food looks delicious...oh, those flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...I would like to try the Assam prawns, fish slices and squid please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very appetizing dish. You will need a second helping of rice.

      Delete
  13. It looks very yummy. You are lucky that you can go to a restaurant, all ours are still closed though a few are now saying they will do take aways but there is nothing that close to us :-((( Keep safe Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me gustan los platos de pescado, también me gustán unas verduras para acompañarlos.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific looking meal! Now I am hungry. So nice that you can go out with friends. We are still on lockdown here in Canada. I have never seen Orange Firecracker flowers, they are gorgeous. The aquarium pictures are terrific. If I did not live in such a rural remote area I would have one. They are too difficult to maintain with our power difficulties, especially in winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and have a great week. I find maintaining aquarium too time consuming.

      Delete
  16. The fried chicken and ice-cream look the best to me. Your Firecracker bloom is such a lovely shade of pastel peach.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The fried chicken look really delicious.
    I followed you on GFC. Could you follow me back on GFC?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roseline. I will follow you too.

      Delete
  18. The dinner seems to be a treat to the taste buds and yummy ice cream to go with. And lovely shots on the fish tank and orange firecracker.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all the food that you have shown Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks delicious! Nice flower!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Una comida muy buena. Feliz tarde de domingo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Many lovely photos. Sounds like your group had a wonderful dinner and dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love that seafood dish. So yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have such nice flowers and lovely meals.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The assam dish is also the one which got me salivating! "Prawn sauce" is what? Belacan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, the prawn sauce smells like belacan sauce. The taste also the same but milder.

      Delete
  26. All my favourite dishes especially the tofu with minced pork and the prawns. I can eat two plates of rice with these.

    My neighbourhood floral shop has got an aquarium. The fishes and the scenery are vey nice!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for joining in Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...