Tuesday 2 March 2021

Roast Chicken, Nasi Briyani & Blanched Vegetable

On Friday evening, a friend texted me to inform that she has ordered a roast chicken for me and hubby, and will be sending it over to my house on Saturday afternoon. 
Sunrise at 7:43am, on our way home from morning walk.
~~~~~
My friend not only sent the roast chicken, she also added a packet of nasi briyani and her son added a deep fried chicken drumstick for hubby and I.
For dinner, I warmed up the roast chicken and the 2 fried chicken drumsticks in the oven. The chicken drumsticks were packed together with the nasi briyani, so I have to removed them from the rice.
I warmed up the nasi briyani and the hard boiled egg separate from the chicken, also in the oven.
I blanched the above green vegetables (given by another friend).
Our dinner, blessed by 2 friends.
Hubby and I shared the nasi briyani. We finished everything including the 2 chicken wings and a drumstick from the roast chicken. The remaining roast chicken was kept in the fridge for the next day's dinner.
Deep purple bougainvillea grown in a pot in front of a shop.
Old antique brass and other items at the Flea Market.
The 3 "Gantang" containers in front were used for rice and other grains measurement. A gantang equals a gallon. This measurement was used in Malaysia and in neighbouring countries.

Linking to Happy Tuesday, Image-in-ing & Tuesday's Treasures.

For if you give, you will get!
Your gift will return to you in full and
overflowing measure, pressed down,
shaken together to make room for more, and running over.
Whatever measure you use to give - large or small - will be used
to measure what is given back to you.
(Luke 6:38, The Living Bible-TLB)

49 comments:

  1. That's a very delicious meal, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh how I miss seeing bougainvillea this winter. I like the patina on the antique containers. Gantang is a new term for me. Thanks Nancy for sharing, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want nasi briyani!! Miss it so much.

    Nice dinner you had there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This nasi briyani very flavourful and delicious.

      Delete
  4. O mundo está nas mãos daqueles que têm a coragem de sonhar e correr o risco de viver seus sonhos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure is a beautiful sunrise. Roast chicken sounds delicious. It has been a long time since I fixed one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sunrise and such a delicious meal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice of your friend to send this spicy combo! Bougainvillea has started to bloom in my neighborhood too, and it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That chicken sure looks good. Yum, yum. Have a wonderful Tuesday Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute of your friend to include an additional two fried chicken drumsticks to the roast chicken. She knew you both love to eat the fried chicken drumsticks is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think her son wanted us to have a drumstick each, no sharing. Lol!

      Delete
  10. Looks like a nice meal. We have bougainvillea here in Hawaii, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had chicken and rice last night too. It wasn't like yours, but it was very good.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful sunrise! And an incredible meal to share with friends. My mother had a purple bougainvillea in her living room for years. Your photo bright back some wonderful memories. Thank You! Have a marvellously happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your morning walk picture is my favorite, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice sunrise!
    The rest makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like baked chicken, the food looks delicious. I love flea markets and antiques.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Muy buena la fotografía del amanecer.

    La buganvilla, está cuajada de flores.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me encantan las antigüedades. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. now i know that 'gantang' is gallon....after reading this post! i miss nasi briyani....u jst made me drool~~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh you are lucky to have friends that send you over a meal. With lockdown we cannot even get takeaways, the restaurants around us are all closed!
    Keep safe Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. We have no problem buying food.

      Delete
  20. Truly blessed to have nice friends and it works vice versa!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do like chicken and rice together or apart

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sometimes you can eat a lot haha. Yummy-looking chicken and briyani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time, I have very good appetite. Lol!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...