Monday 1 March 2021

Jack Fruit, Roti Canai & Home Cooked Dinner

This was a Monday, 4th day of Lunar New Year. I didn't take snapshots of our breakfast and by now I have forgotten what we ate for breakfast that morning. That morning our friend gave us some Jack fruits which she bought when she was at the wet market.

I washed and removed the seeds and we ate as mid morning snack.
~~~~~
Roti Canai for lunch.
Our friend also bought for us 3 pieces of roti canai from the same wet market.
I warmed up the roti canai in a non stick pan. There were 3 pieces which were not very big. I cut it up and placed it in 2 plates.
2 types of curry gravies were given which I also warmed up separately.
Monk fruit or loh han kor boiled with red dates and goji berries.
Simple and filling lunch for 2 people.
Afternoon sky at 4:30pm.
~~~~~
Simple home cooked dinner.
Since the weather is hot, I boiled soup with lotus root, carrot, red dates, goji berries and pork rib. I blanched some home grown sweet potato leaves and drizzled with the remaining garlic oil without the garlic crisp. I will have to prepare a new batch of garlic oil.
After washing up after dinner, I took the garbage out. I quickly washed my hands and took out my smartphone to take this snapshot of this sunset sky.

In a wealthy home there are dishes made of gold and
silver as well as some made from wood and clay.
The expensive dishes are used for guests,
and the cheap ones are used in the kitchen or to put garbage in.
If you stay away from sin you will be like one of these dishes
made of purest gold - the very best in the house - so that
Christ himself can use you for his highest purposes.
(2 Timothy 2:20-21, The Living Bible-TLB)

42 comments:

  1. What yummy meals!! That reminds me... I have cempedak ice cream in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire. I love cempedak fruit, must look out for it.

      Delete
  2. I love that lotus root soup and the curries are amazing too, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very tasty looking dinner and a beautiful sunset photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I hope that you will continue to enjoy beautiful skies in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious food and beautiful sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sure was a lovely sunset to end the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Nancy. So it's hot there today. Here it's cold but being march 1st, I told my wife, it's a month and then I take out my Camero. Zoom, Zoom,LOL

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that you can take out your Camero for zoom, zoom.....Have fun!

      Delete
  8. Los cielos se ven preciosos. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to look up Jack Fruit. Wow! You can do so much with it! You guys grow so many interesting edibles. I love the shots of your sky, here we are still a little cloudy but the temperature is warming. The snow will be gone in the next few weeks. Have a marvellously happy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After few weeks of dry and hot days, it rained heavily this evening. Now at least the air is cooler.

      Delete
  10. Nice to eat jackfruits. There are some ripening in my neighbor's tree right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to grow my own jackfruit tree but I do not have a big garden.

      Delete
  11. Whatever you're having for breakfast, lunch or dinner I'm in. You two eat so very well.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tasty food as usual. So nice of your friend to give u both jack fruits. Did u boil the seeds of the jackfruits to eat? Both seeds of durians and jackfruits can be eaten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a small amount of seeds, so I didn't take the trouble to boil the seeds.

      Delete
  13. Fruit is so good, and makes such a good snack.

    Love the pretty skies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very homely and nutritious lotus root soup!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved your afternoon sky and its so pretty in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking at your jackfruit, now I have craving for it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There was a time when roti price was controlled, resulting in rotis suddenly shrinking in size. Seems no more of this control now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see roti canai in various sizes and thickness.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...