Wednesday 3 March 2021

Meatballs Vegetable Soup, Sambal Long Beans & Stewed Chicken Feet

From the previous day's dinner, there was leftover of roast chicken breast and a chicken leg. I had green vegetable in the fridge, so I decided to boil a simple soup with some minced meat balls and add in the green vegetable.

I also added in a chicken egg and a century egg to the soup.
I warmed up the roast chicken breast and chicken leg. With the chicken breast meat, I shredded it and make salad with my home grown cucumber. This was our no rice, no noodle dinner on a Sunday evening.
This and the following 2 photos were taken before Lunar New Year when we went to collect the pomelos that hubby booked for his sister.
Took a snapshot of the wall mural while waiting at the traffic light junction.
We used to drive to Tambun for fresh pomelo fruits.
~~~~~
For the next day (Monday), I cooked 2 dishes and steamed rice for dinner.
Stewed chicken feet with Shiitake mushrooms and napa cabbage.
Home grown long beans cooked with spicy sambal dried prawn.


Whoever heeds life-giving correction
will be at home among the wise.
(Proverbs 15:31, New International Version-NIV)

45 comments:

  1. I haven't had chicken claws in a really long while. That looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to eat soft soft napa cabbage after they are stewed. Good that the pomelos are within 10 km of your house else you won't be able to collect them. Were the pomelos sweet and juicy? You also bought some, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...soon the building with the mural will be covered by greenery!

    ReplyDelete

  4. I really like these salads with chicken meat. I like the graffiti you photographed. I like street art. Have a nice day:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Sunday dinner, I like minced meat soup with egg and century egg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love your foodie posts. I'm always hungry when I visit here too. Thank you for that.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks good but I might have to pass on the chicken feet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live your snapshots showing the area where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This old building itself with the ivy growing around it is even more interesting than the mural! Do you know if it is occupied? Is it a home, or a shop?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not had Chicken feet in a long long time! Can't wait for my next trip to the coast now! I love your scenery. Everything is so lush! Have a marvellously happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The green growing on the building was quite the sight, so very pretty but I did wonder the amount of damage that was caused. Great looking food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. It is an abandoned building.

      Delete
  12. It's the ivy or whatever that green is growing on top of the building that does draw my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wild plants are taking control over the abandoned building.

      Delete
  13. We have not had Chicken Feet. Not a fan of that kind of gnawing. Give me a fat leg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stewed the chicken feet until soft and there is hardly any gnawing needed. Lol!

      Delete
  14. It looks like the greenery has claimed the house with the murals.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun to see what you’ve been eating! I read three posts and all were interesting. They are starting to sell jackfruit here just recently. I was thinking about reading up on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sallie. Hope you get to buy and enjoy the jackfruit.

      Delete
  16. I'm glad to see you this week at 'My Corner of the World'!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like a nice drive to go get the pomelos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely home-cooked meals as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...