Thursday 11 March 2021

Giant Green Amaranth & Wonton Noodle

This was on a Monday, the 1st of March. We woke up later than usual to a beautiful morning.

Sunrise at 7:30am
I had one green Amaranth that sprouted out from the ground in between the flower pots in my garden. It kept growing until it was over 5 feet tall. It was big until it blocks the sunlight from my eggplants. The stems and leaves look tender and I decided to cut it down and blanch the tender parts for dinner.
Blanched green Amaranth drizzled with garlic oil, oyster and soy sauce. This plate of green came from that 1 giant green Amaranth plant that grew in my garden. I didn't expect it to be still tender especially when it grew to that height and size. I am glad I didn't discard the whole plant.
Home grown sweet potato leaves, sauteed with garlic, chilies and prawn sauce.
Left over fish head curry with added pineapples.
Special request from hubby for deep fried crunchy anchovies. The anchovies were deep fried a day earlier and kept in air tight bottle. We love this with rice porridge but for today, I took out a bit for dinner.
Our simple home cooked dinner with steamed rice.
~~~~~
A friend likes to eat Buntong village wonton noodle, so we agreed to have wonton noodle for next day's dinner.
Three of us had the dry version and one had the soup version. Hubby requested for additional dumplings (wontons) for everyone. Some likes the springy noodles but we prefer this home made noodle which is less springy. This is one of our favourite wonton noodles.

And remember that your heavenly Father to whom you pray
has no favorites when he judges.
He will judge you with perfect justice for everything you do;
so act in reverent fear of him from now on until you get to heaven.
(1 Peter 1:17, The Living Bible-TLB)

45 comments:

  1. Very nice article! Happy March and Spring season to you dear friend! Anchovy is our traditional fish-dish. And looks Great..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great meal! I love those fried crunchy anchovies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wonder what's the topping on the dry version wanton noodle...pork in dark sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Two plates of greens for dinner! I am sure it is very easy to finish all the greens for both plates, right? I love to eat both greens. Good that the yinchoy grow so tall so that you have more leaves to harvest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem finishing the 2 plates of greens.

      Delete
  5. ...it's amazing how fast some plants can grow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really amazing because I didn't even feed it with fertilizer.

      Delete
  6. I like the yinchoy! Wahhh... so good harvest, if possible, I would like to plant this too! hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This yin choy grew by itself and I just let it be. It grew so big that I have enough to fill a plate.

      Delete
  7. Your flowers look so beautiful.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/03/most-worn-winter-fragrances-20202021.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am wondering what that plant tastes like...I think it so neat the way you and friends share meals together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't been sharing meals throughout the lockdown and now that the restriction is more relaxed, we were able to meet up again.

      Delete
  9. Oh my the food is amazing. My stomach is growling now.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are very efficient with your plants. That is amazing that a plant that big was still tender.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I learned something new today, I did not know that Amaranth could be cooked and eaten. Your meals are always so amazing! You are awesome. Have a marvellously happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three of us had the dry version and one had the soup version. Hubby requested for additional dumplings (wontons) for everyone. Well for me Nancy, I love them all.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I had a hard time deciding which I want because I love both versions.

      Delete
  13. I have never heard of Amaranth before!!! Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. Take care and stay safe.

      Delete
  14. Hola Nancy. Sabrosos platos. No sabía que se podía hacer un plato tan sabroso con Amaranto. Muchas gracias. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet potato leaves, i did not know those could be eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like both veggies to stir fried withvlots of garlic and dried prawns.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never knew amaranth could grow that tall!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Does not really fancy anchovies, hee hee. The green Amaranth leaves look so green and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like anchovies but hubby only likes anchovies deep fried or in sambal as in nasi lemak.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...