Friday 26 March 2021

Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup With Noodle

I took out 1 whole chicken from the freezer the night before to thaw in the lower shelf of the fridge. I wanted to use the chicken to cook Chinese herbal soup.

Chinese chicken herbal soup with noodle.
This was to be our simple home cooked dinner for 2 people.
Before we had dinner, my neighbour called me. They cater food for dinner but since they had to take their guests for dinner, they asked whether I would mind having their food as they didn't want to waste the food. Of course, I won't mind.
Bitter gourd and chicken cooked with preserved black beans.
They actually cater for 1 person but the food is enough for 2 small eaters.
Sauteed broccoli and carrot with garlic.
Salad with thousand island dressing.
Hubby and I ended up eating all the above.
When I took the garbage out, there was this beautiful golden sunset.
Sunset at 7:14pm
I quickly went back into the house to get my smartphone to take these snapshots.

7:18pm

Reflection of the sunset on the opposite side.
Deep red Caladium in my garden.
I thought I lost this Caladium for good when it disappeared 2 times. But it reappeared again and is now doing very well.


I know very well how foolish it sounds to those who are lost,
when they hear that Jesus died to save them.
But we who are saved recognize this message as the very power of God.
(1 Corinthians 1:18, The Living Bible-TLB)

60 comments:

  1. That red Caladium is a beauty - I like purple leaved plants. It is lunch time here and I get so hungry looking at your dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to have neighbours like yours, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skies are beautiful and the food is very healthy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to have such neighbour. It is sure not good to waste food.

    Beautiful sky view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were happy we can help them finish the food.

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty sunset and reflection shot. I have some of the best photos of sunset reflections, sometimes they are much prettier than the actual sunset. You meal looks fantastic and I love your beautiful Caladium.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sunset and deep red caladium! Chicken herbal soup with noodle looks so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Nancy, What a wonderful feast you had, everything looks so good. You have very nice neighbours, and a beautiful red leaved plant, it looks very healthy now Nancy. Love your sky shots too.:=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! gorgeous sky shots ~ Xo

    Living moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great dinner except the gourd. Those deep red Caladium look beautiful.
    Have a great weekend Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings and Salutations, Nancy! So glad that your Caladium appeared back in your garden. Food looks delicious! I too like 1000 Island dressing on my salad. Sky images a absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy on all the food. You make the most delicious food.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous weekend.

      Delete
  12. The caladium looks like purple cabbage. Very pretty colours. With your neighbour's ordered food, both of you must be very full after finishing everything for dinner. The salad is part of the neighbour's ordered food?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No really that full because the catered food is small portion. Yes, including the salad.

      Delete
  13. It all looks good. Love the colorful salad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Caladium looks beautiful. Lovely sunset shots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sky is beautiful! And my favorite here is your wonderful chicken soup, yum, so comforting and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hermosas fotos Nancy, los platos sabrosos, el Caladium es precioso, tiene un color espectacular. Feliz fin de semana. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Muy buena comida. El caladium se ve precioso. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's so nice to have neighbors who share.

    Your sunsets are lovely, as are the caladiums. Ms. G has ordered more caladium bulbs, so i imagine i will be seeing plenty of them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. the soup looks lovely and how nice that your neighbours could provide you with a meal :)

    Hope you are having a good weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful colours in that sunset.
    Nice meal.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What wonderful neighbours you have, a beautiful and very tasty looking meal.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't mind bittergourd at all, in fact they are tasty to me! Yums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too but some even adults do not like bitter gourd.

      Delete
  23. Haha this is one favour that is very easy to perform. The catered meal has a lot of veg compared to meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The healthy conscious people will love this healthy menu.

      Delete
  24. Wow ! I love caladiums ,these are pretty shades of Caladiums. Thanks for joining in Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...