Monday 26 September 2022

Dinner At Restoran Siaw Kah & Satay At Willy Satay In Kajang

On the 2nd evening in Semenyih, it was agreed that we will have dinner at Restoran Siaw Kah in Kajang. There were altogether 8 of us including both our sons.

We came especially for this hot pepper soup.
Ingredients: pork belly slices and pig's stomach plus lots of green.
Stir fried choy tam or Chiense Brussels sprouts.
Stewed pork tendon in clay pot.
It was brought bubbling hot to the table.
Stewed pork belly in clay pot.
Meat rolls.
Tofu with assorted vegetables.
Since we were nearby, we drove to Willy Satay after dinner.
My son ordered 30 skewers of satay (10 each of chicken, mutton & beef) only because we had just eaten dinner. I tried 1 skewer of each type of meat.
Peanut sauce for dipping.
Here ends our 2nd day in Semenyih.
I found this marine life mural on the wall of a school in Tanjung Tualang.

Linking to Monday Mural.

Then God said, "Let the waters teem with fish and other life,
and let the skies be filled with birds of every kind."
So God created great sea animals,
and every sort of fish and every kind of bird.
And God looked at them with pleasure, and blessed them all.
"Multiply and stock the oceans," he told them,
and to the birds he said, "Let your numbers increase.
Fill the earth!" That ended the fifth day.
(Genesis 1:20-23, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. Food all looks good including your (supper? dessert?) of satay.

    I thought you found a nice mural in KL then only saw it's from Perak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. I don't have chance to look out for murals in KL or even in Semenyih.

      Delete
  2. Your food looks so delicious, enjoy your family gatherings, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Hugs. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  3. All the dishes, I like! I once had pork tendon balls but not nice because they were so tough! I wish my pork supplier sells pork tendon, I am sure I would love them braised till very tender. Good source of collagen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only get frozen pork tendon. Bought once but not from our local pork sellers.

      Delete
  4. Lovely mural, I like the muted colours. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mural. Quite unique. Pepper soup is good to stay alert in my uni days

    ReplyDelete
  6. Willy? Look good but I thought the most famous in Kajang is the Hj Samuri ones, must go for those, none of the others will do? I did hear talk about the quality going down though...now that branches are opening all over KL. Before, we had to go all the way to Kajang to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know which is which. Just trust the young people to take us there. Lol!

      Delete
  7. That looks like a really delicious dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Nancy for letting us know about these two makan places: Restoran Siaw Kah & Satay At Willy Satay In Kajang. The food looks good. Which type of meat satay do you like best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All 3 types are good but the chicken meat is easier to chew for my old teeth. Lol!

      Delete
  9. Interesting but seems great art wall ... thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Re your Brussels sprouts different to ours?
    The Meat rolls look great - and the satay!
    Interesting mural , well done with the bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks amazing. I took some of each dish. My stomach is growling very loudly right now.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a great day and week.

      Delete
  12. Perdona amiga, Nancy, de que lleve tiempo sin visitarte, pero es que los meses de verano aquí son insoportable por las altas temperaturas, y abandono un poco el blog y las visitas.
    Todo lo que habéis comido en ese restaurante tiene una pinta deliciosa, aunque me comería en esta ocasión el rollito de carne y las brochetas en sus tres sabores... acompañado de una cerveza fresquita, porque todavía aunque menos, sigue haciendo algo de calor.
    Un cordial saludo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Manuel. I too find the hot weather unbearable.

      Delete
  13. How wonderful that you got to see your boys! That mural is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ricas brochetas. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the skewers the best. Looks delicious. Giigi hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful mural, quite creative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a really unique and unusual mural, Nancy. Great find, dear.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...