Thursday 29 September 2022

Lunch With Friends At Best View Restaurant, Desa Rishah, Ipoh

This was a Tuesday. We were looking forward to meet up and fellowship with our old friends whom we haven't met for a long time.

We woke up later than usual and started our morning walk at about 7:20am.
Overcast sky the whole day.
~~~~~
At about 12pm, our friends came to pick us up from our house. Our friends wanted a place with air-con since the day was warm. We took them to Best View Restaurant. Since it was a weekday lunch, there is no need for table reservation. For dinner, table reservation is needed.
I think this is "yau cham" or "soak in oil" fish with drizzling of garlic oil and soy sauce.
Sambal asparagus with prawns.
Green Amaranth (yeen choy) and century egg in superior soup.
Tofu with assorted vegetables in clay pot.
Lunch for 4 people.
This was a treat from our friends.
~~~~~
My sister-in-law and her husband was in Ipoh and we were invited for a vegetarian dinner with them. The dinner was for 8 people and I didn't take any food photos. After dinner, my sister-in-law passed us the following foodstuff.
Fresh peach.
3 packets of fried tempe chips.
Sorry for the blur photo.
Some mini size sweet potatoes.
These are good for steaming or roasting.
A packet of organic soybean powder.
Thank you, SIL for your gifts.

And God has reserved for his children the priceless gift of eternal life;
it is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled,
beyond the reach of change and decay.
(1 Peter 1:4, The Living Bible-TLB)

30 comments:

  1. Such a mouthwatering lunch! The sambal prawn with asparagus looks particularly good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food amazes me every time. I think to be "safe" I´d go for tofu and veggies...
    Peaches, LOL. My former boss, who had no experience with two monitors and wanted to present something from my PC mistook a peach I planned to eat for the mouse. It was hilarious!!!

    I love useful gifts, great you get along with your SIL! (Sadly not the case here)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris. The peach and the mouse makes me laugh.

      Delete
  3. What a nice lunch! I like the fish and asparagus. You received such nice gifts from your SIL. All can be eaten. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. Yes, my SIL knows I love to eat. Lol!

      Delete
  4. Your lunch looks yum!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your meal looks wonderful. So kind of your SIL to bring you that food, enjoy! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Hugs. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  6. Thank you Nancy for sharing with us about your food. Your Lunch With your Friends At Best View Restaurant, Desa Rishah looks so tasty especially the asparagus dish. So nice of your sister in law. I love to eat these donut peaches. Do you and your husband like to eat these donut peaches?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love asparagus!!! Can't get them at these small Chinese chu-char restaurants here. I guess they are expensive so they are not that popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fat asparagus are expensive. Sometimes, we can get the thinner ones which are much cheaper but not so nice.

      Delete
  8. Oh, I love those peach doughnuts... keep them softer, nicer to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much good food! I would enjoy seeing the vegetarian food next time, if you can take photos there. It might give me some new cooking ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lindos duraznos te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous day too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Muy interesante la comida. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy selection of dishes. The prawn with asparagus looks especially good.

    I haven't tried tempe chips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. Thanks to my SIL, this is my first time tasting tempe chips.

      Delete
  14. Delicious food for you. Nice gifts you got from your sister-in-law. A friend from church gave me some figs that they grow. I'm glad I have them. Need to figure out about making a pie with it but she's got a recipe for it. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Becky. I don't get that many figs from my garden.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...