Wednesday 26 September 2018

Teluk Intan's Bak Kut Teh, Rojak & Chee Cheong Fun.

After the Leaning Tower tour, we got into our car and went looking for the restaurant selling bah kut teh (herbal pork rib soup), which is recommended by a friend.
Restoran Wang Kee Bah Kut Teh at Jalan Pasar, Teluk Intan. We were just in time, reaching the place just before closing time. 
 We ordered the smallest size Bah Kut Teh (Herbal Pork Rib Soup)
 A plate of delicious savoury fish dish.
 Blanched green vegetable.
The 3 of us ate these without any rice.
The server found it hard to believe that we didn't want any rice!
 The Perak River.
I just noticed the thing on the right.
It looks like a bird flying pass while I took this snapshot.
Perak River
Rojak Ah Chai at Jalan Woo Saik Hong
 We stopped at this Rojak Ah Chai's stall for coconut water to quench our thirst.
And we ended up ordering a small plate of mixed fruit salad or rojak to try.
I bought a tub of rojak sauce. Compared to Jelapang's version, this is too sour for us. We prefer the sweeter version.
 We passed by some padi fields on our way home.
As for dinner, we had chee cheong fun bought from Teluk Intan which was still warm. This is the steamed rice flour noodle with yam bean and dried shrimp. We ate the noodle with pickled green chilies. The noodle doesn't look appetizing at all but it was quite good. It seems the one sold in the evening tastes much, much better. That will have to wait for the next trip.

Thank God for a wonderful day trip and safe journey home.

Dear brothers,

how can you claim that you belong to the Lord Jesus Christ,

the Lord of glory, if you show favoritism to rich people

and look down on poor people?

(James 2:1, The Living Bible-TLB)

33 comments:

  1. I love the big blue cart! That is my favorite. And the mystery flyer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! The big blue cart is slowly phasing out.

      Delete
  2. From one look, i know that ccf taste good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby! The ccf is good but I was told that the evening one is much more tastier!

      Delete
  3. ...roadside restaurant seem to be everywhere in your area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we still have these roadside restaurants especially in the outskirts. We are seeing less of this in the bigger towns and cities.

      Delete
  4. Most hawkers here are quite used to people not wanting rice or noodles. I've stopped doing that because I want to enjoy my carbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We gave up rice to give space for other yummy food. Lol! In fact rice will be good to eat with the fish and bkt.

      Delete
  5. no rice means cannot enjoy the gravy of the fish dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing we missed. Lol! We just ate the pieces of fish.

      Delete
  6. I want rice with bkt. Haha.

    Sour rojak paste?? I prefer sweeter version too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love rice with bkt but there is limited space in our tummies.

      Delete
  7. Seeing all of that yummy looking food is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lunch for me today and yes, they are making me hungry too!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, William! It happened to be a sunny day!

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful day of food and exploring.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks yummy . Keep commenting on my blog because I love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice that you got there just in time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the kitchen would have closed and no food for us.

      Delete
  12. Looks like you ate very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! We do enjoy sampling new food.

      Delete
  13. Looks like a wonderful trip out and always nice to try different things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rojak sauce is rather up to individual taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Btw I notice my comments only appear for the first one. Subsequent ones will go for approval first. Just FYI in case you see this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, Stacy! Its my comment setting. I set it to moderation but didn't get the notification of new comments. The moderation is now off.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...