Monday 10 September 2018

Lamb Soup and BBQ Lamb For Dinner, Ipoh.

It was a Friday evening and initially, I thought of cooking something simple for dinner. Before it was time to cook, it started to rain heavily. I remembered mentioning to hubby about the BBQ Lamb at the People's Park in Ipoh old town, Jalan Bijeh Timah. A cool, wet evening sounds great for a BBQ Lamb dinner because mutton is believed to keep our bodies warm.
We waited for the rain to turn to a drizzle. We reached the place just before 6.30 pm. They open for business from 6 pm until 11 pm.
We haven't been to this park for a long time.
 The park was deserted after the previous restaurant closed down.
Open kitchen
Take a look at the 3 pieces of black grilled lamb hanging in the above picture. The colour almost changed our minds about taking our dinner here. Lol! Good thing, I was determine to give this place a try.
We had green tea. Hot for me and cold for hubby @ RM 2.00 each.
We ordered the following to share.
We ordered a Lamb Rack @ RM 45.00
(Grilled lamb, roast potato, some salad and a dipping sauce)
We also ordered a Lamp Soup with bread or rice @ RM 13.00
We chose rice instead of bread.
A bowl of lamb soup with a few pieces of meat that almost melt in your mouth. I enjoyed this soup very much because the spices were not overpowering and it was a very soothing soup to drink on a cool evening. Will be returning for this soup and next time, I will try the bread.
This time I chose flavoured rice.
Our dinner for two costs us RM 62.00 (no sale & service tax)
It will be good to dine under the open sky on dry cool evenings.
Facing the open kitchen and cashier counter.
Taken from another angle
There is a children's playground at one end of the park.
A swimming pool
Dining hall on the left, kitchen and cashier counter on the right.
I like this but we have nothing to complain about.
The ground was still wet after the rain and there was a fine drizzle.
I started off using fork and spoon and ended up using my fingers to handle the ribs.
The food tastes better when you use your fingers.
What do you think?
Glad to see that the park is once again lighted up and revived.

Never forget your promises to me your servant,
for they are my only hope.
They give me strength in all my troubles;
how they refresh and revive me!
(Psalm 119"49-50, The Living Bible-TLB)

46 comments:

  1. Wish I ate lamb because that lamb soup does look really GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie! In fact I am still thinking of the lamb soup.

      Delete
  2. The park is gorgeous, I especially love the gorgeous trees! The lamb is so black, you were brave to try it. But it all looks very good on the plates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! Yes, I am glad I dare to take the risk. Lol!

      Delete
  3. I would love to eat the BBQ lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the 3 pieces of darkened grilled lamb are huge! They must be expecting many customers! Good that the park is active again. Agreed that eating with fingers taste better but I seldom do that because don't want my fingers to smell after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Business seems to be very good even on a wet evening.

      Delete
  5. Oh Nancy, I have never been there before in my whole life.. hahahaa.. Wonder if there are other food besides lamb...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...lamb is something that I never have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only take lamb once in a while, not always.

      Delete
  7. The park looks gorgeous and I am sure the meal was delicious. I enjoy lamb but it is quite expensive here. I will soon be visiting Australia where it is that standard fare so I am looking forward to having it there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David! Grilled lamb is quite expensive here too.

      Delete
  8. Omigosh, what a cool place to go for a meal, Nancy.
    I absolutely love the look of your lamb soup and lamb rack - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to have a restaurant in such a beautiful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a wonderful place to eat set in a park. The lamb rack looked really appetising, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like a beautiful place to have a meal.

    When forks were first invented about 500 years ago in Italy, the churchmen decried them mightily. They said, how can you say that the fingers the Good Lord gave you aren't good enough for picking up your food and putting it in your mouth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi! These days we are so used to eating with fork and spoon! Lol!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful place and the food looks fabulous. I'm always hungry when I visit here.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Es un lugar muy bonito. Algunas comidas me gustan con los dedos. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The restaurant buildings are so pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  16. The grilled llambs did looked char! Lol. But it did looked delicious on plate. The lamb soup as well. I would need a bowl now. Raining the whole morning today, very cold. I need a bowl of piping hot lamb soup right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, the lamb turned out to be good and not charred as it appeared to. Have been raining for the past few days, and hot soup would be good.

      Delete
  17. These few days also keep raining in singapore, i would eat lamb on a cool evening too, the lamb soup we call it kambing soup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lamp soup or kambing soup is good for keeping the body warm!

      Delete
    2. My mom likes to eat the kambing soup with bread, dip the bread inside the soup and eat, yum

      Delete
    3. Yes, Libby! I am looking forward to order the lamp soup with bread so I could dip the bread in the soup too! Lol!

      Delete
  18. First us Aussies like our lamb but I have never had lamb soup
    Next what awesome photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lamb when cooked in soup with all the different spices tastes really good.

      Delete
  19. What's with the black lamb on display haha.

    Oh I'm immediately putting this place on my to-visit list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This place is worth trying out. Remember its for dinner.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...