Thursday 20 September 2018

Home Cooked Deep Fried Nam Yee Chicken Wings

There is this jar of red fermented bean curd (nam yue in Cantonese) which I have bought from the grocery shop and I have left it unopened on the kitchen shelf.
It has been a long time since I cooked deep fried chicken wings, so I thought it was good way to use the fermented bean curd since I had some chicken wings in the freezer. After defrosting the chicken wings, I used this red fermented bean curd as one of the ingredients to marinate the chicken wings.
Next, I went out to the side garden to see if I can harvest some vegetables for dinner. I didn't want the Malabar Spinach to grow long, so I harvest a few stalks.
Some of the leaves were as big as my palm. Some were even bigger than this.
Then I also harvested some sweet potato leaves to add to the Malabar Spinach.
Deep fried Nam Yue Chicken Wings.
I have some flat beans in the fridge which I also added to the Malabar Spinach and sweet potato leaves to cook a big plate of vegetables cooked with sambal dried prawns. 
We ate these 2 dishes with a few spoonfuls of steamed white rice.
Deep friend chicken wings with Thai chili sauce and sambal dried prawns mixed vegetables.
*     *     *     *     *
The following pictures are for joining Good Fences.
In the midst of contruction.
Part of the stadium undergoing a face lift.
 The workers will have a tough time getting the creepers off the fence.

Linking to Good Fences.

Young people are prone to foolishness and fads;
the cure comes through tough-minded discipline.
(Proverbs 22:15, The Message-MSG)

37 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. Well done. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely home cooked meal. I'm always hungry when I show up here.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can have lots of rice with just these two dishes, especially the Nam Yue Chicken Wings, they look simply delicious! Blessed is your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I thought your shot of the stadium was a jet plane! What is the big green building going to be? I have never heard of or seen spinach this big and beautiful!!! Does it taste just like regular spinach?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what that green building is going to be. This is the Malabar Spinach. It has thick, succulent leaves.

      Delete
  5. Always nice to have a home cooked meal, it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas! It definitely tastes better.

      Delete
  6. That construction work looks like they'll be big.

    ReplyDelete
  7. La comida se ve deliciosa. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home cooked meals look delightful. Will the fencing come down when construction is done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fencing will come down once the construction is done!

      Delete
  9. So yummy, Nancy. How satisfying to eat vegetables from your own garden! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very yummy homemade meal, Nancy. I so want some of those sweet potato leaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie! I planted 2 small pots of sweet potato leaves and they are enough to supply our need.

      Delete
  11. Delicious home cooked meal. I love nam yue chicken but my family bored of it now. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose! If I eat too often, I too would get bored. Ha ha ha!

      Delete
  12. I like to eat nam yue marinated meat and those chicken wings you cooked look so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun! I too love dishes with nam yue!

      Delete
  13. Superb looking chicken wings.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...