Wednesday 19 September 2018

Thai Food Carnival At Econsave, Jelapang.

The rainy season has started and our air-conditioners are taking a rest. The fan is enough for us to sleep comfortably,
The above picture was taken at 1.35 pm. It looks like evening.
And the one below was taken at 5.40 pm.
 A friend texted me about the Thai food carnival at Econsave in Jelapang. She was encouraging us to go. It was a good excuse not to cook.
 Together with another couple, we went to see what was good for our dinner.
 The Thai food carnival is held from 14 to 23 September, 2018.
 It was a small scale food carnival.
We took a walk around to check out the different stalls.
 This Teh Tarik (Pulled Tea) mixer was sporting to perform for hubby's camera.
 He was mixing hubby's Green Tea with milk.
Click to see the video - mixing the normal Teh Tarik.
Click to see video - mixing hubby's Green Tea. 
You can pick your favourite drink - tea, milo, coffee, etc.
Chicken rice.
Rice with different flavour and spices.
Fried chicken 
Our friend bought a packet of rice with 2 fried chicken drumsticks.
 I want to try this nasi kerabu or nasi ulam.
Rice dyed blue colour from the  pea flowers and served with raw vegetables and spices.
This nasi kerabu comes with a small portion fried rice vermicelli.
 Hubby bought a bowl of deep fried small crabs flavoured with spices.
Glutinous rice - plain or coloured.
One of my favourite - Glutinous rice, coconut milk and mango.
Fresh mangoes
I bought a packet to try.
The coconut milk was diluted. I prefer thick coconut milk.
A friend bought a packet of tom yam with noodle.
All the above food were for sharing.
Besides food stalls, there are stalls selling clothes, footwear, and etc.
After that, we adjourned to the nearby Ipoh White Coffee Cafe.
Someone was not keen on Thai food, so ordered 2 pieces of curry puffs.
My favourite was White coffee with hazelnut.
The coffee kept us awake till the wee hours of the morning!

I stay awake through the night to think about your promises.
(Psalm 119:148, The Living Bible-TLB)

39 comments:

  1. ...the tea mixer sure is a showman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seemed a bit shy with the cameras pointing at him!

      Delete
  2. Nasi kerabu not so Thai but I like it. Hahaha.

    Weather has been very cold and wet this week. Now I am having a sneeze. Too cold to sleep at night with air con although my aircon temperature is 24C!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too put on the air con around 24 to 25 C only. I prefer the temperature to be cool so that I usually don't need a blanket.

      Delete
  3. Cool rice coloured with blue pea :-)) Thai food is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the show. Always fun to watch.

    Oh the food. I love Thai food. We have our favorite Thai food restaurant here. We need to go again and soon.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a food carnival! I have never heard of this. I would have gone WILD! The food is all so beautiful. And this mixer!! He has talent, he is really putting on a show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! Food carnival is fun especially where we get to try so many different types of new food.

      Delete
  6. Hola Nancy, que maravilla de platos, todo se ve muy rico. Y la forma de mezclar el Té es genial. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The videos were fun, such a showman making for a fun event. The food looked really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the nasi kerabu and pulut mango.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Todo es muy interesante. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would also want my coconut milk thicker. Wow the skies do look dark and look like it is going to rain. No green curry at Thai Food Carnival? My favourite, hee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see any green curry maybe because I wasn't looking out for it.

      Delete
  11. Yum, it looks so good! It would be fun to go to such a festival.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah... I'm also enjoying NOT having aircon on every night.

    Food carnivals are so fun. But sometimes don't know what to go for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only put on the air cond when it is unbearably hot. Just try whatever we want to eat!

      Delete
  13. The cloud pictures are beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a fun day out. Have a good day, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm enjoying the cooler weather too and the chance to only use the fan to circulate air and not rely on the air-con.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much of air con is also not good for us.

      Delete
  16. Thai food carnivals are my favourite! I just love the food and wish they'd organise more events here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the next event will be on a bigger scale with more choices to offer!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...