Tuesday 18 September 2018

Dinner At Anderson Curry House, Ipoh.

A friend suggested Indian bread for dinner because none of us feel like eating rice. So we arranged to meet at The Andersonian's Club at 6 pm.
 Hubby and I arrived earlier than our friend. The menu states 6 pm but we were told that it is only ready at 6.30 pm.
Big tree in the compound.
  We were invited to take a seat while waiting for our friend to reach, which she did shortly after.
 We were the earliest customers and I used the time for taking some snapshots.
 View facing the Anderson School.
 A painting of the Anderson School clock tower on the wall of the club.
 This was also found on the wall of the club.
 A wooden screen with carved designs shielding the doorway to the washrooms.
 The Menu.
 Sizzling Tandoor Chicken
 Aloo Gobi
Cauliflower and potatoes - mildly spiced.
 Dhall Tadkha - Lentil specialty. 
Kashmiri Naan
Stuffed with mixed fruits and nuts. 
Keema Naan
Stuffed with spicy minced lamb
Garlic Naan - topped with chopped garlic. 
Hubby and I used to love garlic naan but after tasting the other stuffed naan, the garlic naan tasted plain.
This picture was before the last naan order arrived at the table.
We should have stopped at these but I underestimated the size of the naan.
Turned out that we couldn't finish all the naan and the chicken.
What we couldn't finished were all packed for the next day's lunch.


And I am sure that God who began the good work within you
will keep right on helping you grow in his grace
until his task within you is finally finished
on that day when Jesus Christ returns.
(Philippians 1:6, The Living Bible-TLB)

62 comments:

  1. wow that tree is spectacular! That's a very delicious and satisfying meal, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a regular restaurant that anyone can eat at, or more of a country club? Seems to be more of a club, as you have to be there at a certain time. My very favorite is this awesome tree. I lOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! Business is open to the public. Starting from 11.30 am. After lunch, they take a break and reopens at 6.30 pm.

      Delete
  3. Me encantan tus fotos y los productos son estupendos! te espero por mi รบltimo post!๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness those naan breads look delicious, such a lovely variety. I too loved the tree, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas! There are many to choose from!

      Delete
  5. Nice painting of the wall tower, i would like to have the mildly spiced cauliflower and potato

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo of the clock tower. Old school.

    Naan with mixed fruits and nuts is something new to me. I would like the lamb naan. Prefer savoury stuff. I only tasted cheese and garlic naans in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aloo gobi and keema naan with minced lamb are so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cauliflower dish and the lentils look so good! Sometimes we get tired of rice, too, it's use a lot in south Louisiana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi! We are eating less of rice these days.

      Delete
  9. Me encanta la comida y el รกrbol es precioso. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...the school and its grounds are beautiful. Thanks Nancy for stopping by, I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing tree and beautiful view of the Anderson School and grounds. You used your time well before your meal to take photos. Thank you for sharing. The food looks delicious. I'm sure you enjoyed what was served.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy India foods . I love naan , chicken butter masala .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aditya! Once in a while, we enjoy Indian food!

      Delete
  13. Keep commenting on my blog because I love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That big tree is unusual to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the many old trees growing in Ipoh area.

      Delete
  15. Some interesting photos here and also interesting food. Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful place and what a lovely dinner. I love Indian food. Curry rocks.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also like Indian food once in a while to spice up compare to the plainer Chinese food.

      Delete
  17. Wow!
    This meal looks delicious.
    I do not know garlic naan. I love plain garlic.
    Greetings, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Naan comes in so many different versions these days. But I love them all. It must have been heavenly with that Tandoori chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You made the food looks so tempting and I feel like going again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yummy food! My dad went to that school :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The curry and naan looks very comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. More great photos of a great looking place

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oo my brother's alma mater. Interesting to have this makan place in the school, I must go check it out! And I LOVE naan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do check it out, I am sure you would love the food!

      Delete
  25. Replies
    1. Thank you, Krishna! It takes many years for the tree to grow to such height and beauty!

      Delete
  26. Omigosh ..I am absolutely drooling over the food. The scenery is beautiful too. You pick the best places for makan adventures, Nancy :D

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...