Saturday 29 September 2018

My New Fish Project

All the Siamese fighting fishes I had were all gone. One day I visited the plant nursery and saw how they arranged the plants in the fish bowls containing the Siamese fighting fishes. I was interested to try out the same thing and I went home to start my fish project again. I took out my fish bowls again, arranged the plant cuttings and filled the fish bowls with water. Then I drove to the plant nursery to buy 3 Siamese fighting fishes. One of the 3 fishes committed suicide when it jumped out of its fish bowl onto the floor. By the time we found out it was a dried fish. I have 4 fish bowls, 2 were filled with a Siamese fighting fish each and the other 2 fish bowls were filled with guppies.
 This is a punch bowl and is filled with 1 male and 2 female guppies. Now the bowl is filled with tiny guppy babies. When they have grown slightly bigger, the baby guppies were all transferred to hubby's bigger fish ponds.
 This is home to a Siamese fighting fish.
 This is home to another Siamese fighting fish.
 The Siamese fighting fish on the right committed suicide when it jumped out of the bowl.
 The fish bowl left vacant is now filled with 3 guppies.
 This Siamese fighting fish is dark blue with some red.and blue fins.
 This one has more red.
*     *     *     *     *
The following pictures were taken during our visit in Cameron Highlands.
 I don't know the name of these fishes.
 Japanese Carps in a pond in one of the Strawberry Garden.
 When they see us, they swam towards us expecting to be fed.
I managed to take a snapshot of this beautiful white Carp with orange sports.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

So I advise you to buy gold from me -
gold that has been purified by fire.
Then you will be rich.
Also buy white garments from me
so you will not be shamed by your nakedness,
and ointment for your eyes so you will be able to see.
(Revelation 3:18, New Living Translation - NLT)

41 comments:

  1. Hello, I like the bowl with the plants and fish. Sorry the one fish jumped out though! They are colorful and pretty fish. Great photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend. PS, thanks for the comment on my post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I don't have any luck with fish either. They all die on me so I don't bother to get them. You're talented in so many ways.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! I do hope they will have a longer life span.

      Delete
  3. Your shelf looks so beautiful now, with both plants and fish! Both the plants and the fish are gorgeous. The fish you chose are stunning! Do you give them names? Keep us posted, I want to know how it works! I always see these fish in very small containers, do you know why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is because these Siamese fighting fishes have to be kept separately or else they will fight each other till death.

      Delete
  4. Lovely fishes and plants, your house looks beautiful with the greenery and colourful fishes. I don't have luck with both fishes and plants.

    Looking at these Japanese Carps in the pond gives me a peaceful feeling.

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not have big compound so we keep these little ponds and bowls with fishes as hobby.

      Delete
  5. You have created and shared beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fish are so calming to watch, at least most of the time. Not when they are jumping out of the bowls, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think once they are used to the new home, they will not jump.

      Delete
  7. I think guppies live longer than Siamese fighting fish but am not too sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all depends on the water, temperature and many other factors. Just hope they will live longer.

      Delete
  8. Nice shots. Sorry about the fish that jumped ship.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fishbowl with plants are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong! They look better with the plants.

      Delete
  10. I had planned to make a pond in my back yard with a small waterfall and place some fish. It was an idea but after finding out it would cost me a fortune, that idea went out the window. I wanted a large rock that had water coming out of it but that also cost a lot. My ideas are always great but my wife always tells that my brain was expensive. She's right. See ya Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your wife is right. It is an expensive idea. That is why we opted for cheaper and smaller ideas. And if we lose interest, we just pack up and keep the bowls and the mini ponds.

      Delete
  11. Beautiful fish with their wonderful colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely, I like looking at fish but have never had a fish tank with fish in it just not me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo-Anne! I too do not have fish tank. I just used these smaller fish bowls to enjoy my hobby.

      Delete
  13. I do like fish. *happy looking at your pics

    What's the contraption holding the plants above water? Are the roots in direct contact with the fish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one in the centre was a plastic holder I bought from the nursery. The other two were cut out from the bottom part of the plastic mineral bottles.

      Delete
  14. What a great idea and very pretty Enjoy the coming week, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...