Wednesday 25 September 2019

Soft & Fluffy Steamed Coconut Buns

I love to eat steamed coconut buns very much. I used to go to a coffee shop which sells soft and fluffy steamed coconut buns. We will usually order their coffee and steamed coconut buns for our breakfast whenever we visit this coffee shop.
 I have tried a few times making steamed buns with recipes obtained from friends and internet. I have finally managed to make soft and fluffy steamed buns. I started off making plain steamed buns or mantou without any filling. When the plain buns turned out satisfactory, I started to make steamed buns with coconut filling. 
 After kneading, the bun dough was left to rise to double its size.
 Then the dough was divided into small balls and filled with coconut filling. After the buns were filled and pleated into shape, they were placed in a steaming tray to steamed over boiling water.
 This is my soft and fluffy steamed coconut buns. From now on, I can enjoy homemade steamed buns with different types of filling.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining various memes.
 This armour suit was worn by the Bugis warrior in the old days.
(Linking to Tuesday's Treasures)
Shields used by warriors.
(Linking to Image-in-ing)
Daggers or weapons.
 The above antique weapons are found at the National Museum.
 Deep pink flowers of the balsam plants.
Orange Firecracker flowers.
(Linking to Happy Tuesday)
Sky aflame sunrise at 7:18 am - this was taken before the haze.
(Linking to Wordless Wednesday & My Corner of the World)

Linking to:

Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame.
Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant.
Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder.
Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.
(Romans 12:11-13, The Message-MSG)

42 comments:

  1. I want a couple of those. Yummy.

    I love seeing all the old things in museums. Fascinating.

    The flowers are beautiful.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...those buns sure look good. People are still fighting each other, but the weapons have changed. The orange firecracker flowers and the sunrise are a great match. Thanks Nancy for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post dear! thanks for sharing, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure you can make many delicious buns with different kinds of yummy filling.

    Today (wed) there was a heavy downpour in sg which helped to clear some haze away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. We too had heavy downpour on Wed and helped to clear some of the haze.

      Delete
  6. looks so tasty! you can now make all kind of filling for your soft fluffy buns! bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Yes, I am looking forward to try new fillings for the buns.

      Delete
  7. Your buns look yummy! I like the idea of adding a filling such as coconut. I'm feeling hungry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could try one of your steamed buns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These buns are really gorgeous. We do not have coconut buns here, I would love to taste one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The buns look yummy and the flowers are just beautiful to see :)

    Thank you for joining us on 'My Corner of the World' this week!




    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, I'd love to try one of your Fluffy Steamed Coconut Buns. See ya.


    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to taste the steamed buns....they look so good. The things linked to the memes are interesting...your flowers are so pretty. and love the sky shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that sunset - so beautiful!
    Thank you for joining us at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/09/sleep-what-they-do-best.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your buns look so good, as do your flowers. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My goodness those buns are amazing, I do so wish I could sample one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. I too would love to share with you.

      Delete
  16. I've never heard of steamed coconut buns but they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those coconut pows look fabulous! (Now I'm craving for some hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Que bollos tan buenos. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...